Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:55:14 PM

Author Topic: Vista CNC P1A-S with Mach4 - Problem  (Read 5570 times)

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
Vista CNC P1A-S with Mach4 - Problem
« on: May 22, 2018, 11:03:07 PM »
Hi,
I have tried to setup MPG Pendant VistaCNC P1A-S on Mach4.
I updated my P1A-S Pendant with their posted Mach4 Firmware.
I have the following issue.
The Pendant shows E-Stop and I cannot do anything, nor get rid of it.
Are their any settings that I need to install in Mach4 Configuration for this MPG Pendant?
I am running ESS V220 with Mach4 V3804.
I have E-stop setup for the controller in Mach4 Configuration.
Regards,
Mauri
Re: Vista CNC P1A-S with Mach4 - Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 11:18:25 PM »
Hi Mauri,
I have used VistaCNCs P1A with Mach4 without undue difficulty, it was a bit troublesome
to get it set up as I recall but has been good since.

I have heard that the P1A-S is more troublesome, the LCD display?

If you could get it to work but minus the LCD display would that be adequate?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 12:08:07 AM »
Craig,
A number of people say they have Pendant P1A-S working with Mach4 on various Forums.
I have checked all the settings and they show as follows.
My Version is Pendant P1A-S
Under Plugins it says P1A-S pendant - VistaCNC 2.0
Under Mach4 Config MPG Settings it says P2SPendant/MPG1
Under Register Diagnostics it says P2S Pendant
Before Starting Mach4 the Sceen shows VistaCNC Mach4
After Mach 4 Lanuch it shows the double green E-STOP and no matter where you click it it will not go away.
It also prevents the Enable on Mach4 with this MPG.
I had the same issue with an MPG connected to the ESS, by itself it works fine, BUT Mach4 will not run MDI or G-Code, hoever if I remove the Screen Load Script that contains CNC4PC code then Mach4 works fine, but not the MPG.
And with Mach3 V66 no longer working on the new PC only V62 it has not been a good day.
So I am getting a bit hot under the collar.
Can you check your settings please.
Regards,
Mauri.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 12:43:54 AM »
Hi Mauri,
I know the feeling....tough to do sometimes but walk away and have a go another day.

It also prevents the Enable on Mach4 with this MPG.
My pendant works the same way, with the pendant in Estop I cannot in any way shape or form
cause Mach4 to enable short of either removing the Estop condition from the pendant or removing
it.

One thing that I have noticed, and gave me a little grief when I first set it up is that if the pendant is NOT PLUGGED
in to the USB socket PRIOR TO POWER UP of the PC it wont work if I plug in in thereafter. Now that its working it
never is disconnected and so the 'fault/condition/situation' has never recurred.

If I recall correctly when I caused this fault by plugging in the pendant after power up and firing up Mach it caused
Mach to go cranky as well. It has been some time so my recollection may be a bit vague.

I had to enable the pendant plugin in Machs plugin page, but thats it. There is no settings page or anything.
I did have to configure an MPG in Machs MPG setup page, I presume the pendant MPG subs itself in...
I believe I got one of the first of VistaCNCs Mach4 plugins, its about 18 months old. How things have changed
since I don't know.

I have never heard of anyone getting a pendant with an LCD screen to work yet, I don't mean to say that they don't
but just that I haven't heard anyone say 'yeah I got it to work' whereas I've heard a few say 'I cant get my LCD equipped
pendant to work'.

When I get home I'll see if I can find any more info. My development PC melted down over Xmas, the only copy of the plugin
is now on my machine...and I'm not going out there tonight, cold as a witches tit here!

Craig
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 03:23:57 AM »
Hi Mauri,
snuck out to the shed to have a look, the firmware I have is P1A, V1.00 7/7/2016 and as  I say it works, notwithstanding the confusion I suffered at the beginning.

If you have no luck with the P1A-S firmware then try the P1A firmware...it might work...you'd lose the LCD but the rest of it would still be handy.

Craig

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 07:43:07 AM »
I've got a P2S and it works, LCD and all, so that's ONE!!!

However, there SEEMS to be a conflict with VistaCNC Mach4 pendant and the Mach4 keyboard plugin. I cannot edit keyboard shortcuts unless I start Mach4 without the VistaCNC pendant plugin. Once I got the keyboard shortcut keys the way I liked, I added the pendant plugin back and everything works fine. If the pendant plugin is active, trying to edit the keyboard shortcut keys works for THAT SESSION, but the settings don't get saved on exit and the next time you start Mach4 your keyboard shortcut keys are gone. This has been discussed here. Lee Neuman at VistaCNC has been informed but seems reluctant to fix it!! I see the FW for Mach4 are all still v1.00. So, PERHAPS, if you have any other keyboard related plugins or anything, you might glance in that direction.

That said, no clue about the EStop. The Vista pendants don't have settings in Mach4 like they did in Mach3. These are very nicely made pendants, but we've lost control of them in Mach4. Someone needs to badger Lee and get him off center. I've tried, and I'm done asking!!
--
Tom

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 07:43:13 AM »
Craig,
Here is a YouTube link that shows one fully working with Mach4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKjd9qHRuVk
It looks like a P2-S.
Regards,
Mauri.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 07:45:16 AM »
Oops, cross posted, see one post above!
--
Tom

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 08:05:51 AM »
Thosj,
Thanks for the post.
It just me luck, that I have 2 VistaCNC MPG's one P5 that will not allow the FW to be installed and the other P1A-S will not work with Mach4.
If Lee cannot provide an answer for me, it looks like another costly purchase.
He should remove drivers that do not work or show how they need to be setup with a YouTube explaination so all can see how each works with Mach4.
Regards,
Mauri.
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 10:06:15 PM »
Hi Mauri
I have a Vista CNC P1A-S which I use with Mach4 every time I use my mill - It works great, I used the firmware, plugin and instructions on the Vista CNC site.
There must be some other conflict else where in your system. I have a Hycon motion controller and a Pokeys 55 for my input panel - It works with all these plugins. I have read elsewhere about you starting to use an Ethernet Smooth Stepper maybe the problem lays there. I would start a brand new profile and get one thing going at a time and see at what point your problems start.
Steve