Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:41:18 AM

Author Topic: May be a Problem With the Current X DRO in Mach4 Hobby Lathe Screen  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Osker

•  41 41
    • View Profile
There may be an issue with the most recent MACH4Lathe profile within MACH4 Hobby (4.2.0.3804).   I am not able to edit the position of the X axis using keyboard input.  The profile appears to load normally.  All axes move when jogged, and the respective current position updates within the DRO.  The current positon in the Z axis can be edited using the keyboard.  However, I am unable to edit the X axis using the same procedure as used when editiong the Z axis.  

To edit a current positon I:

1) Use the mouse to position the cursor within the X current position box.

2) Left mouse click

3) Nothing happens when in the X DRO, but when in the Y DRO the values highlight and can be edited using the keyboard and the DRO updates when enter is pressed.  Pretty much what one expects.

Using the screen editor, I looked at the settings for the two DROs to see if there was a setting that could be toggled to enable the X DRO to be edited.  Did not see one.

Editing the current position for all theree axes appears to be working normally within the new MACH4Mill profile.  Any suggestions for what can be done to correct this will be appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

Offline Osker

•  41 41
    • View Profile
Found the problem.  The X Current DRO was configured as read only.  

For those who may have a similar problem I corrected it by:

1) load the Mach4Lathe profile.  
2) Open the screen editor.  (Operator/ Edit Screen)
3)  Position cursor over the X axis DRO and Click the left mouse button
4) Within the X Current control panel move the cursor to the Editor Box
5) The box to the right of the Editor likely shows "Read Only"
6) Left click in that box to show its dropdown menu
7) Select In Place
8) Exit the screen editor and accept save changes
Re: May be a Problem With the Current X DRO in Mach4 Hobby Lathe Screen
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2021, 11:33:57 AM »
Hey thanks for posting this. I just installed Mach4 last weekend and finally setup today. I was wondering why one worked and one didn't. You saved me a lot of time, thank you!