Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 10:22:43 AM

Author Topic: Help to configure a "branded" Profi4 board in Mach3 cnc1.EU hf1000  (Read 2290 times)

Hello
I'm new to CNC so I purchased a running system HF1000 from CAU CAU. It was what I could afford and its a good starter machine.

The aim was to concentrate on the Design and make using Vetric products which I have managed to great satisfaction.
Unfortunately, I had the Dell XP computer drive become corrupted.
 I had a recent drive backup and .XML files, however, this has failed to get me up and running again due to a corruption in the backup. The backup files are duff......

My only option left is to reconfigure the latest Mach3 copy I have downloaded from the main site.
This is where I get stuck as I have limited knowledge and scope of Mach3 software. Still learning the use of however I was wasn't needing anymore build projects as I have enough ongoing projects and a long-term illness.
Good help from Jan in Slovakia is not forthcoming due to the language barrier and the realisation that CNC1.EU is not a Josep Prusa operation. I have only been sent generic information.
Could be worse it could be a faceless china made machine manufacturer sent in Mandarin

http://www.cnc1.eu/files/images/stories/Profi4/Profi4%20Main%20Board%20Description.pdf
This is the board and I have attempted to get the motor settings going with little success.

CONNECTIONS AS FOLLOWS    P9,P8 = Z AXIS  P7,P6 =Y AXIS  P5,P4=X AXIS   a connection to the spindle inverter off Relay P2.
Input menu has limit switches NC on X p10 Y P13 AND Z P15 WITH A COMMON GROUND on the fourway strip. These are presently not triggered.

I have the ports and pins filled out however it is not driving the steppers. I can only surmise there are still some settings that are wrongly configured.
Please can you help get me up and running
Based North of Forth Road bridge Scotland.

Pat   

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
Re: Help to configure a "branded" Profi4 board in Mach3 cnc1.EU hf1000
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 10:55:46 AM »
Hi
assuming your machine uses the PROFI4 Break out Board
Just download the manual from
http://www.cnc1.eu/files/images/stories/Profi4/Profi4%20Main%20Board%20Manual.pdf
And configure to the letter..
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"