Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:02:48 PM

Author Topic: Help with threading woes in Mach3  (Read 1936 times)

Help with threading woes in Mach3
« on: May 09, 2018, 07:54:14 AM »
Hi All,

Just after anymore ideas to try and fix woes, the issue is when threading it will randomly move x axis and z axis in a zigzag movement stalling the x axis motor. other times it will run perfectly for 3 or 4 passes.

Machine is running Mach3 on win XP on PP running gecko G251s windows has been optimised, it's a vertical milling machine which i have mounted the chuck in the spindle to run as a lathe. The machine runs faultless in milling or x/z turning. Index true speed and spindle speed are very close less then 10% reading.

Things I've tried

Adjust debounce
Tried running in exact stop mode
Slow down feed rate and acceleration on x and z axis ( really slow )
G76 code from threading wizard
running G32 code with g04 p5 dwell at start of threading
uninstall version .66 / delete mach folder in c drive / reinstall version .62 used default screen sets
increase kernel speed up 45000hzs increase acceleration and feed

All the above has had no impact on solving the issues. My gut feeling is it's like Mach is sending out these move commands without using acceleration and feed rate setting. I attached a couple of images of the toolpath before and after

P.S. I have cut threads on this machine in the past about 5 years ago.

Any Information would be gratefully received

Dale

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 07:58:33 AM by Dale gribble »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Help with threading woes in Mach3
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 08:08:12 AM »
Try reducing the X axis Velocity and Acceleration by 50% in motor tuning and save the changes. Close then Restart Mach3 - does it still have the same problem ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 08:10:23 AM »
Hi Tweakie, Yeah tried at 50% and 75% reduced still the small result.

Thanks

Dale

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 08:31:33 AM »
If your X axis is still stalling then my guess is that your Velocity and Acceleration (in motor tuning) is still set too high.

In any event reduce your Kernel speed to the minimum needed and stick with version .062.

Can you attach your .xml file (<your profile>.xml found in the Mach3 folder).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 10:11:08 AM »
Dale,
Did you ever fix this problem?  I am having the exact same issue.

Mike
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 09:03:56 AM »
Update!
After removing everything in the system except the index pulse and the breakout board, I was still having this problem.
I decided to reinstall all the system components back to my original setup.  I still had the same problem.
I then reformatted the computer drive and installed XP, the drivers, and Mach3.  Then threading worked perfectly.  I have no idea what was causing the issue, but it's gone now.  WOOT!!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 05:26:10 AM »
Nice one, glad you sorted the problem, I always suspected it was a software issue.