Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:41:40 AM

Author Topic: Tight on space.  (Read 4582 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Tight on space.
« on: April 24, 2018, 08:05:30 AM »
I am not sure my family would fully understand but this guy deserves every credit for his determination to build the CNC machine of his dreams. I certainly wish him every success and hope all goes well with the build and also that he manages to find some space to put it when it is finished.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: Tight on space.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 10:48:57 AM »
Reminds me of a friend of mine who loved his wife 'pumpkin' very much but every time he would look for a tool and couldn't find it he would blame pumpkin.  I asked him how it could be her fault and he replied, 'if she wasn't around everything would be on the dining room table where I could find it.'

RT

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 11:08:19 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 04:05:01 PM »
Hi,
as a youngster in the town I lived there was an old retired bachelor, real nice guy, absolute HAM radio nut.....he had a satellite dish in the front yard which was about 30 feet in diameter, and this was in
the late sixties when such things were exceptionally rare.

In his house, if you could call it that, there was a great big long table, about 30 foot long. At one end there were car parts and other heavy/dirty bits, progressing through lighter/cleaner electronic stuff to
the far end which would have clothing then last of all was the butter, the loaf of bread, the cold roast of lamb. When he said something 'was on the table' he meant it, it seemed like all his worldly possessions
were on that table.

Myself and a couple of friends used to spend quite a bit of time there, he was a fascinating character. We would crank the Alt-Az gearboxes for the dish while he was trying to bounce 1296Mhz siganls of the moon, aka
EME. We would do this on and off for a month before getting more than a few contacts!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 07:07:16 PM »
I saw pictures of an airplane built by a guy in his living room that took several years to complete.  He then had to remove the front wall of the house to get it out!  If my wife would let me my CNC would definitely be in the family room instead of the garage.  It is fully enclosed so it wouldn't actually make a mess. It would be easy to soundproof the enclosure too.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 06:21:46 AM »
The thought of the guy being a bachelor immediately came to mind upon seeing the picture.
If married he must have an understanding wife or a good pre-marriage agreement. :D

RICH

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 10:47:31 PM »
Well if I was that guy I would be asking who put a dining table and couch in my shop! The nerve of some people!  ;D
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 01:14:02 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE