Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 05:58:32 AM

Author Topic: Another Mach 4 issu not tool path display  (Read 1729 times)

Offline smav

•  55 55
    • View Profile
Another Mach 4 issu not tool path display
« on: April 07, 2018, 05:09:48 PM »
Today I loaded a gcode program and in the toolpath display nothing showed up, not even the xyz coordinate reference that is normally in the lower left corner. I rebooted everything several times, made no changes to any mach 4 configuration only loaded a gcode. Loaded other programs that I have ran before several times with no change. On all of the programs all I get is a blue screen in the toolpath and once in a while a red vertical line but nothing else. Zooming in and out to extents and panning around reveals nothing either. Has any one seen this issue or had this problem?
Thanks.......... ???
Re: Another Mach 4 issu not tool path display
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 05:24:16 PM »
Hi,
yes on a couple of occasions I've had similar things happen. In most cases it was because the scale was miles out and by zooming in  I found it. Never did work out why Mach had changed
scale to the extent the toolpath vanished. I found that if I selected the machine limits (boundaries) to be displayed then Mach would correctly scale the tooplath everytime.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline smav

•  55 55
    • View Profile
Re: Another Mach 4 issu not tool path display
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 02:18:19 PM »
 :-[ i finally figured it out. As I stated before I have not gone in to any of the configuration tabs in Mach 4 basically since I initially set it up a few weeks ago. After this problem arose i did take a very quick look at the various settings and didn't really catch anything, note the phrase there "very quick look". I then loaded a different screen set, one of the OEM sets for 4 axis mill, and the toolpath window came up as expected. So I decided to very carefully review the settings in the mach configuration tabs again and make the effort to insure that all settings were correct. It wasn't as tedious as I thought it would be as the problem was on the "General" tab which is the first one that comes up. What I noticed right off was that the control mode was set to one of the two lathe options not mill. I have never made any adjustments to that on purpose and have no explanation on what caused it to be changed but once I set it back to mill the TP screen displayed as normal for the mill view.
Thanks again for reading and I appreciate your response and suggestions.