Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:02:36 PM

Author Topic: Loud noise from steppers and machine  (Read 1327 times)

Loud noise from steppers and machine
« on: April 07, 2018, 12:59:00 PM »
I'll add a video with sound. Had to replace controller board with a later board (TB6600- 4 AXIS Ver 2.0) as original board died about two years ago.  Couldn't get the new board to cut right, it was cutting four times too big.  Let it sit for a while to do other things and now I'm back to trying to make it work again.  Fixed the cutting four times too big problem by doing an axis calibration.  Cuts correctly now along x,y and z axis but makes horrible noise as it cuts something from G Code.  Runs very quietly as it is being jogged. Believe my problem is in configuration files, although I didn't change anything when I changed over to the new controller.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Re: Loud noise from steppers and machine
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 10:59:20 PM »
Having just gone through all this with my learning curve, I would say that you set things up differently. What you are now having is probably resonance.

The fact that you say the machine is cutting 4X the original configuration tells me your previous drivers were set to microstep and your new TB6600 drivers are set to single step.

I think that once you set the drivers to microstep, and recalibrate your settings back to their original, your problem might be solved.

FWIW< I'm also using the TB6600 based drivers and microstepping did a lot for my issues.
Re: Loud noise from steppers and machine
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 06:13:45 PM »
Thanks!  Will give it a try.