Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:38:28 AM

Author Topic: Mapping F5 Key in mach 4  (Read 1738 times)

Offline smav

•  55 55
    • View Profile
Mapping F5 Key in mach 4
« on: April 06, 2018, 11:31:55 AM »
I attempted to map the F5 key to a specific function the other day but when I enter the info on the Input Signals tab under configuration it does not seem to retain the the settings. It will keep the green check marks selected for the mapping enabled and active low columns but "keyboard" under the device column and the name I select under Input Name column disappear after I close the configuration window and go back in to it. I have the name I chose set up for the F5 key established under the keyboard configuration tab and I have successfully mapped other keys to other functions but for some reason it appears that Mach 4 will not accept or allow mapping a function to the F5 key. Has anyone else seen this issue or know why this may be occurring?
Thanks.......
Re: Mapping F5 Key in mach 4
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 03:52:43 PM »
Hi,
just as a guess you can't use function keys because they are already assigned. They are used by the Lua Editor.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 05:50:24 PM »
Strange. I have used F5 in this way as a test function for a long time and it works without any issues. It is currently set to perform a simple eStop when F5 is pressed.

I currently use Mach4 3707 but this has worked since before 3481.

Allan

Offline smav

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 02:07:41 PM »
I was thinking it wasn't working somewhat for same reasons that Craig mentions, I was not sure what part of the the mach software may have those keys reserved.  But Allan states there are versions that it does work on or can be mapped on. My build is 3481 so maybe it is possible it has been reserved for a function in the latest build and was not in previous revisions or builds. I sent an email initially to artsoft, as I figured they would know right off if that button is reserved since they developed the program, but have not heard back so I posted the question. I have a little hand held controller that I use for lining up the bit on my mill and zeroing things in by eye with. The buttons mimic specific keys on the keyboard and I know which ones they are but I don't think I can or I don't know how I could re-map that button to a different key.
Thanks for the replies on this.......
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 09:13:35 PM »

Offline smav

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 11:21:37 PM »
yes i did, that is where or how I originally learned how to map the keys but I didn't catch anything in the video where he states that there are any keys reserved specifically for mach functions or otherwise are not allowed to be mapped for user defined functions. Did I miss something in there about that?
Thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 12:00:58 AM »
Hi,
no I don't think so...just wanted to check and make sure that you had the info to program the input.
Allan has got it to work so it must be achievable...somehow.

Craig

Offline smav

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 12:18:42 AM »
I appreciate you help and suggestions. When I get more time to work on it I am going to just start over from scratch on that one and make sure I am not missing something. I did several others and had no issues at all with them. I was kind of hoping NS tech support would have at least replied back with confirmation one way or the other if the F5 key can be mapped or if it reaerved. Thanks again for your help and suggestions.
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 12:40:30 AM »
Hi,
I've only ever had two tickets running with NFS and it can take awhile, they deal with industrial customers first.
They did reply though.

Craig