Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 04:08:45 PM

Author Topic: Mach4, Hicon Interga, and Chinese KRS servo Controllers  (Read 1202 times)

Mach4, Hicon Interga, and Chinese KRS servo Controllers
« on: April 04, 2018, 01:49:42 PM »
Has anyone one had any experience with the connections between the Hicon Intega and KRS servo controllers???

The issue that I am experiencing is I can't get the servo controller to enable when I enable in MACH4.  If I set the servo control to enable upon power on I have no issue jogging the axis +\-.  If I set the external enable to be active (pn003 = 0) and out02 enabled on the interga wired to sig 1 on Pin 6 of cn2 on the KRS. With either an active hi or lo and MACH4 motor enable selected I can't jog the motor at all.

If someone can help or you require more info.

please let me know.

Thanks

Don
Re: Mach4, Hicon Interga, and Chinese KRS servo Controllers
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 02:04:01 PM »
If it works when you override the enable in the drive, then it is probably how you wired your connections from the HiCON to the Drive.  
Double check that it is wired correctly.

I don't know if you are using the Relays on the HiCON, if not, that could be an easy way to enable the drive.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 03:19:48 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion,  I have upgrade my drives from stepper drivers to servo drivers and the Hicon to stepper driver enable had been used before.  I guess i was wondering if maybe the pinout on the KRS controller schematic were correct.  Tonight I will drive and ground pin 6 direct and see if the controller enables and if not I will try the other input pins, to see it maybe the enable pin is not the pin they say it is. 
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 01:21:59 AM »
Hi,
excuse me for asking but Googling KRS servos resulted in what amounts to an RC servo. Is this correct? Is this for a robot or a CNC machine?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'