Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:05:56 AM

Author Topic: Can't see my CD disk  (Read 3923 times)

Can't see my CD disk
« on: July 13, 2007, 04:10:32 PM »
I have a dedicated computer stripped clean and loaded with only XP- Pro software just for my milling machine. The only problem is; this computer is not hooked-up to the Internet and it doesn’t recognize my Mach3 disk. I can place any other disk in it and it sees them just fine and the Mach3 disk works just fine in my main desktop computer, so I assume the disk is burned properly.  Please, does anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Fred

vmax549

Re: Can't see my CD disk
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 11:36:24 PM »
Evidentlly it does not like the mach disc. Try burning a new one as a test. If it reads other disc then it is working.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 09:02:43 AM »
So far I have burned three disks with the same results. The part I don't understand is why this same machine will read any other disk I put in. I think I will down load Mach2 and see if it loads. I am trying real hard not to hook this machine to the internet I want to keep it as clean as possible and only use it to run the mill.
Fred

vmax549

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 02:36:27 PM »
You may want to try a different type of session with the burn. Some readers may struggled with certain type of recorded sessions. I have had some older readers that will not read a disc from a new burner untill we found what it wanted to see. Just a thought. (;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 02:43:45 PM »
How do I change what it wants to see?
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 07:55:33 PM »
I gave up on loading the machine from a disk and used a USB flash memory stick. It looks good except when I click on the Mach3 icon. It starts to run and then reboots the XP-Pro operating system. Lazy Cam boots up fine. Oh, yeah after rebooting it gives me a message that it recovered from a serious error. This computer is using a AMD6 /2 processor, does anyone else have this problem and what is the fix? I need help with this. Thank you.
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 08:25:31 PM »
I got it!!! Very good!! I viewed the video on installing and I had to load the special driver. I must say the help here is much better then anything you get from Microsoft. Thanks for the great job with the video.
Fred
 ;D