Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:25:41 AM

Author Topic: Is there a bug with mc.mcProfileGetDouble()?  (Read 1522 times)

Is there a bug with mc.mcProfileGetDouble()?
« on: March 17, 2018, 10:20:09 PM »
What am I missing here? I'm trying to use mc.mcProfileGetDouble() and the default value is a fractional value. I get back a numeric value of zero. The API docs claim it should return the existing value or the default value if the property doesn't exist.

Code: [Select]
hgProbing.params = {
   ['StepOffDistance'] = math.abs (mc.mcProfileGetDouble (inst, 'hgProbing', 'StepOffDistance', 0.5)),
}

I have to do an explict mcProfileWriteDouble() to get it to work. Now when I do the mcProfileGetDouble () returns the expected value of 0.5.

This looks like a bug with mcProfileGetDouble(). Can anyone confirm?

-Freeman
I'm not a complete idiot...
    there are some parts missing.
Re: Is there a bug with mc.mcProfileGetDouble()?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 12:10:58 AM »
Hi,
haven't tried it so can't really help, although I have a question.

Is 0 not a value? The way I read it is that if the value does not exist ie null then it would return your default.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 12:25:10 AM »
Is 0 not a value? The way I read it is that if the value does not exist ie null then it would return your default.

Yes in this case 0 is a value, but not the one the API docs suggest should be returned. If you supply 0.5 as the default value, and the Section/Key doesn't exist in the profile, it is suppose to return 0.5 not 0. I deleted the section using mcProfileDeleteSection() to make sure it didn't exist.

I'm not a complete idiot...
    there are some parts missing.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 12:34:48 AM »
Hi,
I haven't encountered that however I haven't tried it either.

Certainly sounds fishy that you can delete a section and yet get a numeric, albeit 0, return.

I have on a few occasions found myself thinking that I've found a Mach4 bug only to be given an explanation as to its behavior and while that may be
quirky its not a fault.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'