Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:07:25 AM

Author Topic: What is the "Instance" and "Scale Method" properties used for on UI controls?  (Read 1254 times)

There is a property on every UI control in the screen editor called "Instance", what is it for?

Also, what is the "Scale Method" used for? I suspect it is for selecting how a UI component scales when screen set doesn't match the original dimensions it was designed for, but why on each UI control? A global setting on the top most tree item would seem reasonable. What is the effect of each option in the menu for the property?

-Freeman
I'm not a complete idiot...
    there are some parts missing.
This is huge problem about documentation on such things :)

Instance - may be this is for UI when there are multiple Mach4 instances, I am not shure, but never paid attention on this field.
Scale Method - where you find it?
The Scale Method is in any component that has an image associated with it. Steve (Smurf) said it was used to select a method of scaling images. Some methods work better in different situations. It is used to help deal with the fact that screen sets are built for one resolution but get used in others. Scaling is particularly a problem when scaling up, you have to add data to the image. Scaling down usually easier.

I still haven't heard what "Instance" is used for.

-Freeman
I'm not a complete idiot...
    there are some parts missing.