Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:51:53 AM

Author Topic: Mach3,ESS, Boss 5 limit switches not recognized  (Read 3280 times)

Re: Mach3,ESS, Boss 5 limit switches not recognized
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 10:54:56 PM »
Craig,

That makes sense to me. And with more inputs I could add an auto Oiler and a couple other options. This mill already has an auto oiler, but the electric motor isn’t working. So I have been pulling the handle every once in a while to oil it.

I will play with the low active again tomorrow and see if I can get Mach to see the switches. I definitely need to get some homing and limits  on it.  BTW, do I need to supply power to the switches? Or does the BOB supply power to the circuit?

Thank you
          Rick
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 11:04:10 PM »
Hi Rick,
that depends on your BoB. Most that I'm familiar with have a supply for the switches and other logic circuits.
Just be careful not to heavily load or short it to earth...you may let smoke out if you do.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 09:35:41 PM »
Ok, So I found the active low in the output page. I played with that a little and my motors got very labored while jogging.
I was just going through the input page and homing and limits and playing with stuff. At one point I got the X&Y home lights to light up. But now they aren’t coming on. I’m not sure which parameter changed it. So I will do a little more with it tomorrow, only maybe more methodical and keep track of each change. It’s hard to remember from page to page otherwise.lol
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 10:12:39 PM »
Hi,

I played with that a little and my motors got very labored while jogging
But changing active lows etc for input signals should have no effect on the motors. That is a totally separate
issue.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2018, 09:02:54 AM »

So I wanted to come back and end this thread with my solution. I hate when I read through a thread,especially a long thread, only to find that the OP evidently found the answer but never came back and posted the answer.

So I woke up in the middle of the night and started reading threads on my issue . I learned that I neeeded to add a 12v power supply to my BOB. I thought that since I already had a 5V supply to the card that it would use that to charge the switch circuits. And on my BoB the 12v is attached on the opposite end of the card than the connections for the switches so it wasn’t obvious to me.
Anyway, I obviously am learning as I go with this. As I stated before, I’m no electronics expert. I appreciate the suggestions and help you guys give. And I’m sure happy I got my home switches working, now I am working on the limit switches. I need to get the configuration for them figured out.

Thank you
      Rick