Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:35:47 PM

Author Topic: Servio motor Delta adas b2 Software and electronic gear ratio  (Read 21039 times)

Re: Servio motor Delta adas b2 Software and electronic gear ratio
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2018, 01:36:02 AM »
Hi Craig

I was just wondering, that Mach3's Diagnostic Tab/Page doesn't have that Capability to check for frequency? It seems to me that It does have.

also on Mach3's Port&Pin Dialog it has a Encoder/MPG's Tab, How about the values of (Counts/U   and   Velocity), Do I need to modify these values.

I have not done a detail readings on these items as of yet.

I am really serious to get to the bottom of this issue, so I can go back to my Supplier in order to get refund or replace it to a better one.

regards
jhonansaro
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2018, 02:22:54 AM »
Hi,
yes there is a pulse frequency in Mach Diagnostics but it relates to a parallel port which you aren't using, in fact you CANT use it, your PC and OS are wrong for it.
The frequency displayed then has no relevance to the output pulse frequency of the controller.

MPGs and Encoders are inputs to Mach, if you had a hand wheel for instance to jog an axis you would hook the hand wheel to the controller and then tell Mach how those
signals are to be interpreted. They have no bearing on the pulse output of the controller.

We need good documentation about your controller. I suspect that its Chinese and you'll get nothing from them. If you spent a couple of hours reading posts on the
forum from the last month alone you'd find 100 or more posts along the lines 'No support from Chinese manufacturer....No documentation....Doesn't work...'
and the list goes on. Unless you get GOOD documentation from them (small probability) then give it up as junk and buy yourself a decent controller.

Do not buy anything until you've sought and gotten some informed opinions on the board you are considering.

The Chinese must love us, we buy cheap, but 'That's OK they don't have to work and we're not going to respond to any complaints so we will take the stupid white mans money!'
Sorry...I get pretty worked up about the Chinese ripoffs out there. Of course Delta is Taiwanese/Chinese and they are great, if I could afford them I would be buying
flat stick. So don't assume that because its Chinese it must be crap but it true also that if its Chinese it may very well be crap or a ripoff. If you can't get positive
feedback from others BEFOR you buy don't touch it.

It may well be that your board is adequate but we can't get it to work because we cant interface it to your controller but could if they would only give us some
documentation and a circuit diagram of the output circuit. Fingers crossed.

https://warp9td.com/

This is what a real ESS looks like and a company who backs up what they sell. Of course I'm biased, I own and use an ESS....

Craig

'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2018, 02:25:30 AM »
Hi,
reminds me that the ESS needs at least one BoB, I use Homan Designs (Australia) BoBs, fast and good quality and fairly local to me. only 1500nm!

Craig
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2018, 03:54:37 AM »
Hi,
I'm on my laptop so don't have a probe hooked up, maybe you can test it out.

Code: [Select]
function autozero()
local inst = mc.mcGetInstance()
local probeHand, rc = mc.mcSignalGetHandle(inst,mc.ISIG_PROBE)
local probeState=mc.mcSignalGetState(probeHand)
if probeState==1 then
    wx.wxMessageBox('Probe already active...cannot proceed')
    return
end
mc.mcCntlGcodeExecuteWait(inst, 'G01 G90 G31 Z-4 F40');
local zProbeStrikePos = mc.mcCntlGetPoundVar(inst, 5063);
mc.mcAxisSetPos(inst, 2, 0.060);
mc.mcCntlGcodeExecuteWait(inst, 'G00 G91 Z1');  --Rapid move to 1 inch above current pos
probeState=mc.mcSignalGetState(probeHand)
if probeState == 1 then
    wx.wxMessageBox("Probe is still activated! Check to make sure probe is not damaged or still contacting strike plate.");
else
    mc.mcCntlSetLastError(inst, "Z Axis now referenced.");
end
end
if mc.mcInEditor()==1 then
    autozero()
end

Couple of things I should point out. You see I have written this as a function and looks very much like a macro. I do this when I'm writing new code so I can put
it in a separate folder within my profile and I can run it with the debugger in the editor. Having it in a separate file means I don't pollute my macro folder with
buggy code. Once I've manually stepped through it and run a few tests then I will put in into its final location.

Here again I follow a somewhat iidiosyncratic policy of putting the function in the screen load script, usually near the top. Then I will put a function call on the button, not
the script itself. It means that when I go to find the script and edit it or have to delete it because its that buggy I can find it easily. If I were to attach the script
direct to the button the script will be buried in the screen script somewhere....I find it so much more convenient to put it at the top of the screen load script.
If it works out really well by all means put it direct on the button. This script is for my purposes only temporary to help you out so when we're done with it I'll delete
it knowing exactly where it will be.

Let us know if it works...

Craig
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2018, 03:57:50 AM »
Hi,
my apologies everyone, this is obviously posted it the wrong thread.

Craig
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2018, 08:49:31 AM »
Hi there

I have not been able to go back to my supplier, I will get hold of them tomorrow.

by the way I was wondering that I think this pulse frequency starts from my lap top, Please correct me if I am wrong?

If that is the case and It basically Generates fro my Lap Top and Mach3, Could it be the case that my lap top is incapable of producing high frequencies?

Regards
Jhonansaro
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2018, 12:26:03 PM »
Dear Craig

I came across some reading which I am attaching it for your viewing, apparently this documents shows how to calculate the Gear Ratio, which i found similar Info. in
Delta's Manual. The calculation of the gear ratio are as follow:

Travel   175 mm
Reducer  10:1
Pulse /Revolution 17 Bit   160,000 
Desired accuracy      .001  mm

Gear Ratio = 160,000/(175/.001)*10/1=10     off course it is 9.41

Please let me know your opinion

regards
Jhonansaro

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2018, 12:43:25 PM »
Hi,

If that is the case and It basically Generates fro my Lap Top and Mach3, Could it be the case that my lap top is incapable of producing high frequencies?

No this is incorrect. Your laptop produces numeric data of the planned trajectory, position and velocity over time, PVT. The motion controller then generates the
pulse streams.

Travel   175 mm
Reducer  10:1
Pulse /Revolution 17 Bit   160,000 
Desired accuracy      .001  mm

Gear Ratio = 160,000/(175/.001)*10/1=10     off course it is 9.41

Please let me know your opinion

Yes that set of numbers would work, as would the numbers I've advocated and the numbers that Thomas came up with. In fact there are many combinations which would work.
At this stage it is not the servo and drive that is giving the grief, its the controller apparently unable to produce rapid pulse streams and without good documentation
we cant tell if its faulty or just beyond its design maximum.

I personally think you'll be required to get another controller.....you can do virtually nothing with this one without manufacturers support/documentation. If they had it
surely they would have put it with the device.

Craig

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2018, 05:52:29 PM »
i personaly agry with Craig.

we are on the wrong side of searchihg the fault.

the servo drive is absolutlty doinig what it's suposed to do.

the problem is the the controler.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2018, 10:40:08 PM »
Hi,
if I had the controller I might be able to do something with it, I have an oscilloscope (three acatually, two mine and the boss one) and have used them extensively for
years. What I would be looking to do would be to characterize the output circuit of the pin for which you want to run the step pulse.

Is it open collector? Will it withstand 24V? What current will it sink? How fast can it signal when sinking 5mA say?

These questions should really be answered by the manufacturer. If you had a look a look at the Warp9 website you will find page after page on the ESS, input characterization,
output characterization, communication, setup and more, much much more. Likewise you'd find very detailed documents on the CNCDrive, PoKeys, PMDX and Vital Systems
websites. They all maintain a board on the Third Party section of this forum as well as having there own forums plus technical backup via email.
These companies have been suppling the Mach market for years and are good at it.

You need to lean on the supplier of your board. If they are unwilling to help ditch them and NEVER spend a cent with them EVER again. Its only when we as customers
boycott these a-holes that they'll get the message.

Craig