Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:28:48 AM

Author Topic: help  (Read 3782 times)

Offline drut

•  21 21
    • View Profile
help
« on: July 11, 2007, 02:59:12 PM »
can someone give me a bit of advice as to which wires are connected together and which ones are connected to the driver boards im at a loss, me and wires dont get on very well, i have the 2.8 A motors

many thanks

drut

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 03:13:03 PM »
drut - you haven't said a lot !!!  how many wires are coming out of the motor - I assume this is a stepper motor you are talking about - to drive one of the axis. The motor could have 4, 6 or 8 wires, and if you buy them from a reputable dealer, there should be a wiring diagram with them to tell you how to make them into a two phase motor. What sort of driver are you trying to connect to - again, most drivers boards from a reputable dealer should have a wiring diagram with them - which show which terminals are going to the motor and which are going to the computer and which are for the power.

Come on !!! You can do better than this !!!

Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline drut

•  21 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 03:28:35 PM »
sorry they are 8 wire stepper motors and i bought them off ebay, they are alien cnc driver boards,i have posted the data sheets of both the motor and the driver board, i have 3 to link up but i really dont want to burn them first go.i just need to know which wires to join together, sorry for sounding stupid,

many thanks

drut 
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 06:56:21 PM »
Hi, Looking at the motor spec you will have to connect the phases in series as you driver can only supply a max current of 2.5 amps. Therefore connect A' and C' together and insulate, connect A and C to the A and A# on the driver board. Connect B' and D' together, insulate and connect B and D to the B and B# on the driver board. If the motor does not run sweet swap the wires B and D on the driver board.

Kind Regards

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 09:06:27 AM »
If you are in UK, contact  Arceurotrade. The sell 8 wire stepper motors - at a reasonable price. They enclose a wiring diagram of how to wire 8 wires into 4 (bi polar) together with the wire colours.

The chap there is very friendly and should be able to e-mail you a copy of their sheet.

I would send you mine - but I appear to have binned it !!

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 09:12:08 AM »
False alarm - No I haven't.

The wires shown on my diagram are yellow, blue, purple,, brown, red, black, white and green.
To make the motor bi-polar series then

join yellow to blue and insulate, purple to brown and insulate.

Winding 1 is then the red and black pair, winding 2 is the white and green pair.

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 09:14:44 AM »
I have got verbal ****  I will shut up - I have just seen your downloaded motor diagram - forget the above.