Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:22:31 PM

Author Topic: Recpocket Wizard  (Read 4794 times)

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
Recpocket Wizard
« on: March 23, 2006, 03:59:39 PM »
Hi,I was starting to play with the wizards in Mach3;in the rectangular pocket wizard(Brian/Kiran),I plugged some of my numbers in and inspected the G-code and I can see there are some relative offsets done by the wizard but not what I expected.When designating tool size and x/y position,are we to calculate this ourselves first?(I was using a .125 end mill) and does 'depth' follow a neg/pos for however the machine is set up or is there an assumption of which way is standard(I cut into my piece with a -z)-Keith
Re: Recpocket Wizard
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 05:17:18 AM »
The top if the part is Z zero... I code everything that I do to take a neg or pos value :) As for offsets in the program... I think you are seeing where the program is being offset for the Dia of the endmill.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 01:11:47 PM »
Yes Brian,it is offsetting in the code but the offset seems in the wrong direction as I changed parameters and witnessed the code.So I think I should be 'pre-offsetting' before I place the x and y coordinates in the wizard.I'll do that today and find out where offsetting places the center of the mill end where it's suppose to be for the size of final cut.-Keith
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 08:45:45 PM »
If you can find the problem I will see what I can do to fix it...

www.machsupport.com

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 08:58:57 PM »
Well I found the problem in that I have to offset the x and y for the tool size myself when it's called for in those boxes(x and y that is),it seems.I figured with a wizard it would do all that.Oh well,no biggee-Keith
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 06:46:00 AM »
Thank you and it is on the list to fix :)

www.machsupport.com