Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:05:03 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Mill and CNC JR  (Read 3819 times)

Mach3 Mill and CNC JR
« on: July 10, 2007, 06:18:45 PM »
I have a older CNC JR that runs on DOS and has an AC Tech motor control.
The Driver boards have been back to the factory twice and still don't work correctly.
I am interested in replacing the driver boards and running Mach3 Mill.
Possibly Gecko G100. Can anyone offer any suggestions of other driver boards. I
watched some Mach3 videos and they were down loading firmware to flash the controls.
Where I am working there will not be Internet access.
Thanks for you time.
Leslie A. Bright
Re: Mach3 Mill and CNC JR
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:27:55 PM »
What do you have for drives on the machine and can you run them with step and direction?

After that I would have a look at the parts that you would like to cut and see if you are better off with the P Port or the G100

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 10:51:45 PM »
All right let me show how little I know. When you ask "What do I have for drives" I assume you mean the stepper motors. And I think they can be run with step and direction. I have run NC and CNC for the past 30 + years but this is the first time the machine is mine and I
have to do the repairs. P Port? I don't understand is this the parallel port or something different? The type of parts I hope to machine are
molds to cast parts mainly for use with stained glass.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 10:30:17 PM »
A little something to add the steppers are 5 phase with 5 leads. Will the G100 handle this?
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 02:29:29 PM »
Yes the P Port is the Parallel Port ... After about 150 E-mails a day I like to take a shortcut or two ;)

I would not run 5 phase stepper... there are very few drives out there for them and they cost much more :(

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com