Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:35:14 PM

Author Topic: computer  (Read 1464 times)

computer
« on: February 21, 2018, 05:12:21 PM »
Acer Aspire Desktop, 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7400, 12GB DDR4, 2TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, TC-780-ACKI5,

would this computer work with mach 3 software?
thanks for any assistance, nick
Re: computer
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 06:47:37 PM »
Hi,
yes that will work, its got 'muscles on its muscles' and is not really necessary.

Note that because it has a 64 bit OS you CANNOT use a parallel port but MUST use an external motion
controller like a UC100 or ESS or PMDX.... etc.

My machine is run by a dual core Atom single board computer with on chip graphics, its so underpowered that
its hard to compare your PC to it...but it runs Mach fine, Mach3 for several years with two parallel ports
and now Mach4 and an ESS. The truth is you don't need a hugely powerful PC to run Mach, what you need
is a PC which sticks to the job and not try and do all sorts of other stuff.

Your Window 10 Home for instance has automatic Windows updates which you cannot turn off, if the PC
decides its time to update then Mach will stop. Not ideal but thats Microsoft for you!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: computer
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 02:17:14 AM »
Hi,
if I were buying another platform I'd try this:

https://www.dfrobot.com/product-1585.html

The Enterprise Windows 10 is like Windows 10 Pro, you can turn Windows updates off which is highly recommended.

My biggest Gcode jobs are PCB isolation routing files of about 5MB. Such a file will occupy my machine for about 10 hours. A 60GB drive would give me
about 13.7 years continuous...probably enough for me, your 2TB drive will run for 456.3 years continuous!

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'