Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:58:21 PM

Author Topic: OEMLed 111  (Read 8059 times)

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
OEMLed 111
« on: July 10, 2007, 02:01:39 PM »
Hi everyone,
1- Can anyone tell me if OEMLed 111 is reliable on their systems? It is inconsistent on my desktop. Sometimes it is active on feedhold, and sometimes not whilst in a program block.

2- Another question, sorry about all the questions, but I'm at my wits end with this one. I'm implenting Mach3 in a flatbed plasma application.
The scenario that I am trying to establish is this.
If Mach3 is in M04 toolpath and the "Feedhold" button is activated, it should stop the spindle "torch on/off" button, with other words, an automated function. This is needed to change consumables on the plasma and for other reasons. The torch (tool) is then moved to a position by either selecting the "Goto Zero" button or by manually jogging off the NC path. When finished and Cycle start is depressed it should not activate the plasma torch/spindle until the tool is back at the original toolpath. I have tried implementing this by modifying the m4 and m5 macro's to save the state of the machine when the feedhold was activated. I have even created a file accessed in the macro's as to save the machine state, created a VBScript for the relevant buttons too, but the minute I modify the normal feedhold in any way, Mach 3 does some weird and wonderfull things. This happens even if I just modify the OEMButton to a VBScript calling the standard button DoOEMButton ( 1001 ), and just adding a DoSpinStop().  Not so wonderfull for me,  :D

3- If the feedhold is implemented while in NC run mode, with other words executing a block (when I have not modified anything)doing this a once or twice and the tool moved to a safe positing the software returns to the correct position after activating "Cycle Start", but after doing this for three or four times, the software seems to forget the toolpath and runs of to a non-relevant position where it will carry on with the rest of the toolpath. Is this a bug?

Any input will be appreciated,

William
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 02:04:12 PM by Whacko »
Nothing's impossible

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: OEMLed 111
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 04:32:43 PM »
Hi:

1)  OEM LED #111 is not usable by users. It reflects internal states. There is no feedhold state that can be monitored by an led.

I ll have to look into the other two, Im really not sure of the issue. Ill try a macro to activate the feedhold and see what 'I see.

Art

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 05:01:02 PM »
Thank you Art,

If you need any info on the type of interface needed for plasma and flame cutting, that includes the new HPR range from Hypertherm (High performance High definition) of plasma cutters, I can assist you.I have build many flatbed CNC machines, but used the Burny and Wescan controllers. Hypertherm is coming for a visit in the next three weeks to check if the machine I'm building with the Mach3 controller is suitable for the HPR range. They implement a strict control over OEM flatbed builders who wants to fit the HPR130 and HPR260 to their machines and I think they might be a bit nervous about the Mach3 solution. I'm hoping to get it up and running by the time they arrive. I have some HPR machines in my area, as I am a OEM bussiness partner with Hypertherm, but they are running on the Burny phantom controllers. I have the machine on the rails and I'm busy with the interface. Hence the questions. I can overcome the "Feedhold" scenario by intercepting the torch on/off with the dsPIC (MicroChip) controller and halting MACH3 with the servo hold on input #1, and do the off path movement, and return to toolpath with the dsPIC, thus MACH3 will be in a paused state and will be unaware of the movement.
But the ideal solution would be to minimise external components and let Mach3 do most off the work. This will be less confusing to the operators, especially in South Africa where most machine operators are not PC literate.
I'm using the Z axis to drive the Torch suspension up and down, and the anti-dive works well too. I manufacture the torch suspension as well as all the drive cards and other relevent components. The dsPIC handles the Modbus interface as well as the THC. The dsPIC's are 16 bit processors running at 40 MIPS.

Best regards,
William
Nothing's impossible

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 03:32:33 PM »
Seems like the WIKI page relevant to this should be ammended. For OEM LED 111 it reads, "Feedhold when part of block is executed".

William
Nothing's impossible

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 03:43:15 PM »
I have achieved the functionality I needed for the automated plasma application as per earlier message in this thread. That is with the m3/4 and m5 macro's.
If feedhold is pressed, Torch off instantly. Machine can be jogged off path. The torch will only fire once the machine is back on the toolpath and the toolpath was in a m3/4 block. If it was in a m5 block or rapid traverse, the "Cycle start" will not fire the torch. Marvelous! Mach3 just seemed to become so much more attractive to me!! ;D

William
Nothing's impossible

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 04:40:18 PM »
William:

Great!. Glad to hear you made it over the learning curve. Its a fairly steep one, but now that your there, I suspect
youll be able to do lots of weird and wonderfull things with the program. Have fun..

Art

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 05:19:42 PM »
Thanks ART,

That's what I'm aiming for!

William
Nothing's impossible

Offline geast

•  50 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 02:11:26 PM »
Hi Whacko
I'm facing a similar problem with my plasma flatbed.
I want by pressing  the Feed hold button also to stop the plasma arc.
I was thinking by using the M5 gcode, but i don't now how.
Can you explain me your solution, to that problem, as you write before you manage to fix this.
Thank you in advance.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 02:33:40 PM »
What you could do is place a VB button on your screen instead of the standard feehold button. In the VB button have

DoOemButton (1001)
While IsMoving()
Wend
Code ("M5")

Hood

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 03:35:51 PM »
Hi Hood, are you paging through all the old threads? :)
Nothing's impossible