Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:38:50 PM

Author Topic: No motor Movement  (Read 7629 times)

No motor Movement
« on: February 18, 2018, 11:43:18 PM »
Hey guys!!! Hope all is well.  Its been awhile since my last post.  Im sure some will remember me.  I started on lathe project a couple of years ago, but the lathe kept getting backordered.  I tried a couple of different brands but same old story.  I got all the controls, but my wife had ambition of an addition on the house so everything got put on hold.  Two years later I've finished that project.  Probably shouldn't have tried to do all the work myself. ;D ;D  My dad had been wanting my first router I built  and since I have not ran it since I put the CSMIO/IP-M on the big machine I decided to let him have it.  Of course he wanted the same controls I had on the big machine with a mpg module, new digital drives, and all the bells and whistles.  He said he would pay for all the upgrades so I decided why not.   Besides it would refresh my memory so when I picked back up on the lathe project I wouldn't be totally lost.  I totally gutted the panel, put the new controller and drives in, and rewired everything.  Finally finished the wiring today and got the mpg pendant all soldered up.  I had checked all the inputs on the controller and mpg module and was filling pretty good about everything.  After an hour or so I had the pc connected and had established communication.  I flew through all the limit switches home switches etc.  Thought to myself Ill have this running in no time.  WRONG!!!  For the last four hours Ive double checked all the wiring to the drives.  All appears to be in order.  I have been through all the configuration and plug in screens and checked that all channel settings are correct.  Still no motor movement.  The motors are locked and green lights on all the drives.  Im using KL-4042D Drives on 3 of the axis.  The z axis is larger.  Its my understanding that the ENable pins do not have to be wired, but I could be wrong.  Next odd thing that I noticed is when I hit the jog key on the keyboard Im not seeing the dro shift.  So I am not sure that its getting the command.  I tried jogging with the mpg with same result even though the leds were flagging like they should on the mpg module.  I am going to attach my xmL file and maybe there is something silly Ive missed.  Its hard to remember everything doing this only every few years.  Ive combed through the manual and even went back and checked to see if I wired something different on the other machine but cant find anything.  Im hoping its the enable on the drives.  Ive got some time to get this machine finished up, but it will be headed from Kentucky to Texas in April.  I would like to run it some and verify there are no bugs before then.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  By the way I did update all the firmware just in case that was the issue.  Thanks in advance!!!

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
Re: No motor Movement
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 02:11:42 AM »
i assume you are using Mach3.

silly question - jog is turend ON ?
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 08:09:08 AM »
Mach 3. Yes jog is turned on. I hit the tab button. Mpg is selecting the correct axis and cycling through the increment selection as it should. Thanks for the input though.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 08:43:49 AM »
Its my understanding that the ENable pins do not have to be wired, but I could be wrong.

if i have a look to Manual of 4042 drive the enable is required.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 08:45:11 AM »
Mach 3. Yes jog is turned on. I hit the tab button. Mpg is selecting the correct axis and cycling through the increment selection as it should. Thanks for the input though.

and if you use the Keyboard arrow key's?
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 08:56:28 AM »
Nothing when I hit the arrow keys. Not even a shift on the dro on Mach. I read through the document on the drive and even pulled one of there schematics and it wasn’t used. If nothing else I’ll put one of the old drives in tonight and see what happens. A lot of things were changed. Still don’t understand why dro on Mach isn’t shifting.  Thanks for the response

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 08:58:24 AM »
but e-stop is ok? (reset on 1024 screenset ist green)

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 09:24:44 AM »
All my inputs are configured and setup. Everything is working via the diagnostic screen. I didn’t check to see if jog light was coming on when I hit the arrrow key on diagnostic screen. I think there is a signal light, but I’m not sitting in front of it now.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 09:30:29 AM »
i mean this Jog on.

sorry asking this, but i am wondering that you don't see axis dro changing.
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 09:39:52 AM »
Yes it is on