Author Topic: Pokeys57CNC, Pendant, rotary encoder and macro problems in mach3  (Read 1036 times)

Offline AlexRu

• View Profile
Pokeys57CNC, Pendant, rotary encoder and macro problems in mach3
« on: February 18, 2018, 04:13:17 AM »
Hello,

I have built a custom pendant with wiring like in the documentation and connected to the pendant connector. I also have added a matrix-keyboard. With the matrix-keyboard I call OEMButtons and on some I call OEMTrig over OEMButton 301.

Everything is working fine, until I use the rotary encoder to move an axis. As soon as the rotary encoder is used, macro execution in mach3 stops working. I can't execute macros. Beeing mapped to buttons in the screenset or over the matrix-keyboard. No macro runs. Only direct calls to OEMButtons work. In screenset and at matrix-keyboard.

When switching to keyboard Jog Mode, macros will run again.

PoKeys57CNC V1.1, Firmware and Software 4.3.8, mach3 plugin from 31.12.17.

Is this behaviour maybe a problem of the firmware, the plugin or a problem of mach3?

Greets

Alex

Offline NeoTO

• View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Pokeys57CNC, Pendant, rotary encoder and macro problems in mach3
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 12:08:10 AM »
Hi, Alex

Try selecting the option 'Let PoKeys handle MPG jogging' in the plugin settings.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline AlexRu

• View Profile
Re: Pokeys57CNC, Pendant, rotary encoder and macro problems in mach3
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 04:39:17 PM »
Hi,
this is set since beginning. I don't have a problem with the rotary and the function of MPG. I have the problem with macros. No single macro will run, when I have used the rotary to move an axis. Beeing it X,Y or Z, 1 step or multiple steps. I have to go back to keyboard movement to be able to run macros again. Seems like when the rotary is used, it blocks macro execution in mach3.

As I have used my parallel-port cable for the Pendant, I cannot recheck the MPG function with a standard parallel-port bob, if it is the MPG function in mach3 itself (or maybe the screenset, but standard functions of mach3 are used), or if it is the PoKeys-plugin.

Greets

Alex