Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:18:56 PM

Author Topic: Using my Mill to Turn.  (Read 1385 times)

Using my Mill to Turn.
« on: February 15, 2018, 05:09:04 PM »
Hi everyone, this is a very popular forum, I am brand new here. 

So here is what I am have and what I am doing.  I am fairly new to Mach3 but am learning.  I have a licensed version of Mach 3.  I have a SYIL X5 Pro milling machine running Mach 3 Mill.  I use Fusion 360 for my CAD/CAM. 

What I want to do is turn a piece using the spindle, and a tool mounted to the bed.  Whenever I go to produce the G-Code through Fusion I get a warning and an error.  My guess is that there is something not set up correctly within the post process.  My question is, can I approach this some other way, say directly through Mach3.  The part I want to turn is fairly complex, its actually a wooden goose call.

Any hints on this?
Re: Using my Mill to Turn.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 08:52:09 AM »
I would suggest that you do everything in Fusion as if it was a normal lathe and then once that posts properly, setup a new configuration of Mach3 lathe.
I would go so far as to draw a simple cylinder and generate the code for that.  Then use that simple code to actually machine it in Mach.This way you can make sure you basic setup works before doing the complicated stuff.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.