Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:21:52 AM

Author Topic: What changes PCID?  (Read 5154 times)

What changes PCID?
« on: February 13, 2018, 04:45:12 AM »
I run Mach4 on Dell i5 USFF PC.

When I upgraded its memory, PCID changed and I had to issue a new license file.

I thought this is unreasonable at first... but OK... I changed the hardware anyway...

Then... what if I make a S/W level change? like re-installing windows... etc?

Does this also change the PCID and I have to issue another licence?
Re: What changes PCID?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 08:55:56 AM »
If you install a different version of Windows such as upgrading from Home to Pro,
then you should expect the PCID to change.

When you issue a new license because you changed your computer, you can also
deactivate your old license so that it does not count against your maximum number
of active licenses.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:11:12 AM »
If you install a different version of Windows such as upgrading from Home to Pro,
then you should expect the PCID to change.

When you issue a new license because you changed your computer, you can also
deactivate your old license so that it does not count against your maximum number
of active licenses.

I know deactivated licence doesn't affect the maximum number of active licence(5), but it consumes 1 out of 12....

If I install the same windows 10 pro again, the PCID does not change? Right? ;)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 10:25:51 AM »
I let win10 update and it changed my PCID. I don't think anyone has a clue what actually causes it.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 10:46:16 AM »
The PC ID is generated by Mach4 based on several factors within your operating system. In order to protect our software, the details on that information is protected. Some (not all or even most) Windows updates affect those pieces of information used to create a PC ID, which is part of the reason our licensing policy is so generous. In the unlikely event you "run out" of usable licenses, open a ticket and let us know. I can honestly tell you no one has ever been denied a usable license because of excessive Windows updates.

Newfangled Solutions Helpdesk: http://support.machsupport.com
YouTube Support Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MachSupportOfficial
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 02:46:05 PM »
What Bryanna stated this is NOT TRUE and she no longer works for the company.
I have 2 cnc machines each with their own pc. I have had hardware issues and updates that have changed my PCID's on both. Just recently an update on one of my pc's caused my PCID to change. I made a request and had a fight with support and they were not going to give me a license. They did finally give me a license but now tell me you cannot have any more license files EVER. I asked them to remove the old PCID's they have on my file and they said they can't do that. I really do not understand this, and why I am being punished due to the way you license your software to the pc's. This is not my fault! I know at some point I will need a new license and I can't get one and will then have an unusable cnc.

I am going to have to now look for an alternative to my cnc setup that does not include Mach4. This will end up costing me due to my interface cards are both mach4 cards.

If you are thinking about building a cnc I would look at other software and not Mach4.     
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 03:14:37 PM »
If you keep track of your log in for your license you can make a new one at any point! We made a tool for you to do that.  Man why is the world getting so full of people that like to be so bitter and pissed off. Chill and talk like we are sitting in a room.

What is the full story ? Because I make them give away licenses all the time. If we where out to be jerks I would not be out working with people.

If your the one that has used 13 licenses in one year. Seems like you have more than a little issue with your PCID. I don't know if you know this but we get scams ALL the time! To the point that I had the FBI show up here! 
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 03:26:52 PM »
xusmcx  i real hope your license where industrial ,not hobby,because if you talk about hobby   in the time you waste bother all the world you can go and sell ice cream and do more then this 200$ for 5 license (also industrial not top of the sky if you use 2 cnc)
if you like mach if its give you good benefit ,if its staible ....come my friend 200-1000 its real joke

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 04:32:49 PM »
Brian,
Yup your right I do have 13 licenses, over time, but not in a year. My first was 2/2019. It sounds like you are accusing me of pirating which is not the case. When I first bought Mach4 I moved over from a grbl system. The pc requirements were completely different between the 2 so I did have to use several licenses as I had to learned how to get a pc to work with Mach4. Really getting the driver for the controller card to work was the big problem. Many of my hardware changes to the pc caused the PCID to change. As you stated I can get my own licenses and I did up to when I got "You cannot create any more licenses for license id 47188." The last couple of times I had to request for licenses was because of OS patches that changed the PCID on the pc. One patch updated the Dell system drivers that killed the controller driver. These last 2 I had to open a ticket where they told me this is the last one I am out of luck and cant get another license.

I hope this makes sense to you as to why I am frustrated and why I did have to use many licenses. At this point I will have to am wait for the next time my PCID flips and will be forced to move away from Mach4.
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2021, 04:44:33 PM »
It sounds like you are accusing me of pirating which is not the case
Nope never said that. I was asking that you bring it down a bit and  have a chat and you have. Thank you!

Okay, That seems logical. You need a license come find me, I am here. They are trying to stop people from abusing the system. If I could I would give the software away because I just like helping people. But sadly I can't do that...

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com