Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:26:53 PM

Author Topic: Settings for new UC100  (Read 1657 times)

Settings for new UC100
« on: February 12, 2018, 09:40:20 PM »
I've been using Mach 3 for about 6 years. The old XP machine with 25 pin port finally died. I got a UC100 today, got M3 running on a Win 7 laptop, and am trying to configure the settings. Unfortunately, I don't remember the settings as well as i thought, but I have pictures showing the config screens for ports, motors, etc.

I've configured all that I know of as they were, but something is way off. (The CNC machine is all the same as before).  I configured xy&z in motor tuning with the same values as before, then told the X to move 1". It shot to the other end (about 20") so fast that I almost couldn't hit escape before crashing. I selected native units from configured, it was in metric, I changed to inches, and it still way over shoots. I could go on, but I really need to understand all the settings, (I did 6 years ago) in addition to motor settings.

Any advise on how and where to relearn?
Re: Settings for new UC100
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 09:50:05 PM »
One more detail, my win 7 laptop is 64 bit...
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 09:42:03 AM »
Thanks Joe, that is the doc I remember from original set up 6 years ago, should be everything I need.

However, I've remembered most by watching Paul Campbell vids on YTube last night. One thing I didn't see explained:

Calibrating my steppers to move accurately (ratio of motor to distance?). I know I had to change this several years ago when I converted the X and Y from lead screws to pullys. Also something about motor specs, number of steps per motor rev, micro steps, etc. I'll search the manual you linkedt to, but if you have a quick answer, or advise, would appreciate it.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 12:17:17 PM »
Hi,
the quick answer is read the manual, the second quick answer is read it again and you know what the third answer is.

Then ask on the forum.

Carig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'