Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 08:22:08 PM

Author Topic: Lcam Request  (Read 3797 times)

vmax549

Lcam Request
« on: July 09, 2007, 09:51:36 PM »
Art/Brian,     Would it be possible to have Lcam proof the code for errors before sending out to post. Several times today I created code only to find out when I ran it in Mach that there was an error with the bit radius and the lead in size as best I can tell. Mach told me the bit radius was too big for the cut radius on a a simple square OUTSIDE cut??? I had to go back and change the leadin size in order to finish the project. Or several times just changed out the tool to a smaller size.

Also once I selected a larger bit than the inside radius and only found out when Mach stopped on error.

Thanks (;-) TP
Re: Lcam Request
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 10:17:49 PM »
Terry,
Set the leadin to the Dia of the tool that you would like to run and you will not have that error message (I Hope) :)

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

vmax549

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 10:52:46 PM »
Hi Brian, where it really shows up is when in Lcam you select a tool # but when you get to mach you find out that tool # is larger than the one specified. You can easily run the larger tool size BUT cannot change the leadin size. THat is where it GOT me. (;-) TP

Any chance of being able to link the tool table info from Mach to Lcam? Just Dia and Length would help.

Or perhaps to be able to Print out the tool tables from Mach and Lcam to update the tool catalogs.

Would you know how to change the cut order of the layers?? Can't seem to figure that one out yet.

Thanks (;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 05:46:10 PM »
You should be able to drag and drop the layers to change the cut order...

This tool table stuff is no fun :( I will see what I can do about making a program that will read the tool table data and put it into a text doc... it will not happen anytime soon as I have more work then I could ever do at this point but after I have time I will look into it.

thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com

vmax549

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 05:54:46 PM »
Thanks Brian, JUst put it on the back burner list till you get some time. I'll just add the Mach and Lcam tool catalogs to the other stack of Tool catalogs catalogs for now. With help I figured out what I was doing wrong with the drop and drag. I pulled it to far past the end of the line, you have to stop on the last layer and drop it on top.

Thanks (;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 07:56:51 PM »
Hi Brian "I am Back", (;-)

Could you  make the OPS screen say Operations ,It looks to much like the OOPS button.

Could you Please make the OPS either auto size to fit the window it is in, OR place a pan bar on the edge so we can get around in it without having to spread it out just to get to all the controls. It is a MAJOR pain with a standard size screen.

Could we have an indicator that Lcam is work on something internally? A spinning curser arrow or something. I sat today for 15 minutes before I realised that Lcam had locked up and was not just thinking.

Also I tried to pocket today, Lcam locked up with a C++ error. That is how I know we need a busy indicator. V01.1 (;-)

I noticed that all request and issues are getting spread out from here to the moon. Could we start a couple of stickys 1 for Requests for FEATURES and 1 for ISSUES with  LCAM?

Thanks (;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 10:56:48 PM »
Brian I do wish Yous guys would consider making an Industry first and set the standard, by making the Lcam tool table compatiable with Mach's tool table. After all Lcam is" suppose" to compliment MACH (;-) It won't matter if you also let LCAM post code for other systems as it will not match their tool table either. BUt at least for MACH it will be LAZY CAM.

Thanks (;-) TP
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 10:11:43 PM »
It looks to me like we need to scrap all the bug repports and have everyone update to the newest rev... From there we will start and see if we can kill them one by one. I can tell you that some of the bugs have been fixed in the latest revs and that some can be fixed with a settings change.
So lets start a new Bug list that has the Rev number as part of the title of the thread :)

Thanks guys for all your hard work
Brian

www.machsupport.com

vmax549

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 10:36:35 AM »
If you start a permanent  Bug list and feature list it will make it easier to sort and search to see if it has already been covered. Just when you post, make sure you include the Version Number. That  way you only have to look it 1 spot for problems and 1 spot for feature request.

Thanks Brian,
(;-) TP