Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:35:47 AM

Author Topic: VistaCNC P2-S malfunctioning with Mach4  (Read 4629 times)

Re: VistaCNC P2-S malfunctioning with Mach4
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 02:33:59 AM »
Hm.....

Removing unused plugins do help, but it seems not enough...

My P2-S became a brick again now....

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 08:47:24 AM »
Have you tried just removing the keyboard plugin from the plugins folder, or is that what you meant by unplug_plugin? Maybe it IS the keyboard plugin conflicting? I'll have to try that, I don't much like jogging with the keyboard anyhow, but I DO LIKE jogging with the P2-S, if/when it works. ;D
--
Tom
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2018, 09:22:36 AM »
Have you tried just removing the keyboard plugin from the plugins folder, or is that what you meant by unplug_plugin? Maybe it IS the keyboard plugin conflicting? I'll have to try that, I don't much like jogging with the keyboard anyhow, but I DO LIKE jogging with the P2-S, if/when it works. ;D

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,32603.0.html

This is the link where you can find the plugin and video manual from DAZ the developer. ;)

I unplugged all the plugins that I don't use. But I think keyboard plugin made the conflict.

I'm not sure 100% yet, but it seems works, I only experienced a BRICK only once today. ;)

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2018, 08:01:32 AM »
I removed the keyboard plugin from the plugins directory completely, restarted Mach4, and the P2-S still bricks at some point, seemingly, or usually, while running gcode!! So it isn't the keyboard plugin, I guess.

An interesting aside, even with the keyboard plugin NOT in the plugins directory, the little keyboard shows in the tray briefly before disappearing.
--
Tom
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2018, 11:12:05 AM »
I removed the keyboard plugin from the plugins directory completely, restarted Mach4, and the P2-S still bricks at some point, seemingly, or usually, while running gcode!! So it isn't the keyboard plugin, I guess.

An interesting aside, even with the keyboard plugin NOT in the plugins directory, the little keyboard shows in the tray briefly before disappearing.

That might be Mach loads keyboard plugin at starting...
Try unpkugin_plugin by DAZ.
This will make Mach4 not even try to load the plugins.

In my case, Mach4 loaded duplicate keyboad plugins... so I had many icon in the tray... and when I move cursor on them they disappeared....
Mach4 seems to have some problem managing the plugins....

I haven't seen bricking for 3 days so far...
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 04:07:36 AM »
I thought my problem solved... but not...

I do want to know if there's anybody who doesn't suffer this trouble with P1-S, P2-S or P4-S etc... which has "Screen" on it.

This is very annoying...

I don't turn off the machine and the computer, but I have to... only because REVIVE VistaCNC hand wheel.....
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 04:20:04 AM »
I use Dell i5-2400S PC with Legit Windows 10 Pro.

I only installed Windows 10, Mach 4 and Notepad++.

Plugged the AC cord to Earthed AC outlet.

I even reinforced Vcc and GND of the VistaCNC MPG handweel.
Its cable has 6 wires but uses only 4. So I soldered non-used 2 wires to VCC and GND each, so that it can have more electric conductivity.

I don't understand why this happens....

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2018, 07:51:54 AM »
I used Daz's Unplugin Plugin to remove the keyboard plugin and it seems better, but I can't really be certain!!

I contacted Lee Neuman of VistaCNC and told him to come here and Warp9 where this has been mentioned, but nothing. I emailed him a week or so ago and he said he's still "working on it."

Someone said they're ordering a P4-S in hopes that will work, but I'm just guessing if the P2-S plugin doesn't work, the P4-S won't either.

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2018, 07:54:05 AM »
I used Daz's Unplugin Plugin to remove the keyboard plugin and it seems better, but I can't really be certain!!

I contacted Lee Neuman of VistaCNC and told him to come here and Warp9 where this has been mentioned, but nothing. I emailed him a week or so ago and he said he's still "working on it."

Someone said they're ordering a P4-S in hopes that will work, but I'm just guessing if the P2-S plugin doesn't work, the P4-S won't either.

Tom

So, now Lee knows that his MPG malfunctions with Mach4?
And he's working on it?

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2018, 08:14:29 AM »
That's what he told me!! Been a while, 'tho!! I'll email him again and point him here again. This ain't doing much for his business!
--
Tom