Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:44:30 PM

Author Topic: Start/Stop cycle via Inputs in Mach3  (Read 7283 times)

Start/Stop cycle via Inputs in Mach3
« on: July 08, 2007, 05:33:11 AM »
On my newest machine i am building a operators panel located on the machine, a few steps away from the computer running Mach3

Is it possible to start and stop cycle , and maby feedhold via inputs on the BOB?

Best reg
Cory

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Start/Stop cycle via Inputs in Mach3
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 08:08:43 AM »
It sure is Cory,
    There are several ways to do this. One way is to set up the inputs as OEM trigger. ( Go to config, ports and pins, input signals, scroll down to OEM trig.) and assign your port and pin numbers. Now, go to config, system hotkeys. Should see the boxes to enter the OEM codes at the top right. I have attached a OEM code list as well. A big thanks to Hood for providing the list.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

vmax549

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 11:56:52 AM »
Cory what Brett sugest works very well. Here is another method.

I use an X-keys programable touchpad . It emulates keyboard strokes and attaches inline of the keyboard and does not use extra drivers. You can assign the buttons to MACH functions such as cycle start/stop. It does not require any VB programing and doe not use any valuable MACH input/output resourses. It can be remote mounted away from the computer.

You can also buy the components and build your own custom touchpad controller.

JUst another method.  (;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 01:39:12 PM »
great, just what I wasaiming for, thanx guys, ill try it when i get my 2nd paralellport up and running and the electronics all hooked up on my machine

Best reg
cory