Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:12:25 PM

Author Topic: 4th A axis irradical behaviour  (Read 4225 times)

Re: 4th A axis irradical behaviour
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 08:41:24 AM »
Thank you. Attached the xml.
Just reinstalled completely fresh copy of .062 to test again.

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 08:48:34 AM »
Tested freshly installed .062 and this time the problems start emediatly on first run.
Only A axis is affected.

I will try to generate a code using the wizard instead. See if its still the same..
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 08:55:16 AM »
The "A" axis is tuned too fast for the selected kernel speed.
And ..... you are using pirated software.
You must correct that first.
Regards,
Russ
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 08:59:27 AM »
The "A" axis is tuned too fast for the selected kernel speed.
And ..... you are using pirated software.
You must correct that first.
Regards,
Russ

Oh. Its NOT pirated!. I bought this from someone on ebay. Its not piracy to buy a license is it?
I will try to tune down the A Axis to see if that helps.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 09:17:49 AM »
Its not piracy to buy a license is it?

You can buy whatever you want.
You have purchased a pirated license and it will be your responsibility to resolve the matter with the provider.
Till then don't expect much help on this site.

RICH

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 10:32:26 AM »
That MaoA˜A  ¯Ðtonar certainly seems to be selling a lot of licenses on ebay these days. ;D

A genuine Mach3 license can be purchased from here; http://www.machsupport.com/shop/mach3/

I have sent you a PM.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 10:56:46 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE

Offline jeep534

•  123 123
  • From the hills of WV
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 12:12:36 PM »
Boy am I glad my licence file is genuine
archie

I got it before it became popular enough to pirate
Facebook archies machine

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 03:25:11 AM »
Third attempt stalled A axis at first attempt to rotate 60 degrees. It got to something like 39.2343 degrees and then halted. Readouts in mach3 showed that halted position and it did not change but Mach3 kept following the code, drilling "new" holes but stuck in the same degrees.
Now that is really weird. I do not see how Mach3 can 'keep following the code and drilling holes' while the A axis DRO sits still. That just does not make sense.
However, a pirated license would explain almost everything. Only advice you will get here is to buy a real license from Artsoft.

Cheers
Roger
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 03:50:43 AM »
Hi.

Yes. It might be the apparently pirated software thats causing this or perhaps my E-Cut 4 axis boards plugin isnt perfect. Im about to get a new license for Mach3 but waiting for funds and trying to understand if I also need to get a new board and if so what board is suitable. Would prefer USB or IP/network card with at least 4 axis.

I also tried to obtain a new version of the plugin to run the E-Cut board from Mach3 it but that has proven to be a hard nut to crack. The seller sent me an install of Mach3 .066 instead and refused to understand that it was their own plugin made for their own E-Cut board that was asked for.
Anyways.
I tried to figure out what caused the A axis problems and did narrow it down to some sort of soft limit
of the range. If I turned of A axis degrees in General Settings it had a range from  -2701.0142 to +2541.8655. Once the axis passed any of the liits it wrapped around to the other. So passing +2541.8655 would emediatly change it to -2701.0142 and then keep rotating in the same direction but with the new readout value.
I solved that temporarily by rewriting my G-Code a axis drilling software to use this new range instead of wrapping around 360 degrees. Works well with no glitches but the axis needs to rotate back to zero after each op. Not really a problem. Just a bit annoying :)

Ill be back once I have a new license but if anyone has any suggestions of a nice 4 axis board to replace y E-Cut board Im eager to listen. USB or IP.

Third attempt stalled A axis at first attempt to rotate 60 degrees. It got to something like 39.2343 degrees and then halted. Readouts in mach3 showed that halted position and it did not change but Mach3 kept following the code, drilling "new" holes but stuck in the same degrees.
Now that is really weird. I do not see how Mach3 can 'keep following the code and drilling holes' while the A axis DRO sits still. That just does not make sense.
However, a pirated license would explain almost everything. Only advice you will get here is to buy a real license from Artsoft.

Cheers
Roger