Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:57:13 AM

Author Topic: Keyboard keys  (Read 7078 times)

Keyboard keys
« on: January 13, 2018, 01:16:38 AM »
I have been using my inc machine for several years now shut it down yesterday, started it up today loaded my program  turned on the controller didn't turn on so i opened it up changed the fuse, put everything back together, started the controller tried using the keyboard keys
for the x,y,and z axis nothing happened so i spent may hold day trying to figure out how or what happened I can move the machine with the jog control and everything works fine but the keyboard controls are of no use. What am I missing .
Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboard keys
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 05:51:28 AM »
Have you accidentally clicked on the   Jog ON/OFF Ctrl-Alt-J   button ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 01:17:45 PM »
Thanks !  I gave that a try it didn't seem to work on my key board i pressed the Cltr - Alt keys  i know the key board is working because i can use the tab button to bring up the jog control. other than pressing the Cltr- Alt button i tried several ways and something did happen it went up in the z axis but when i stopped it and tried the other direction nothing happened it didn't even respond to the up key anymore.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 01:38:10 PM »
OK Now I feel as though i did something else because now it won't respond to the jog buttons on the control i get no movement now.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 02:33:32 AM »
On the Mach3 main screen is the Jog ON/OFF button illuminated (green around border) ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 03:41:13 PM »
Thanks! That apparently was the problem everything has returned to normal.  I just want to say how appreciative I am for this knowledge base and what you guys do to help.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 01:45:49 AM »
Excellent, I am pleased the problem is resolved.

Tweakie.
PEACE