Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:43:02 AM

Author Topic: Darwin Buffer Error - Motion out of bounds  (Read 2144 times)

Darwin Buffer Error - Motion out of bounds
« on: December 30, 2017, 06:11:28 PM »
Hello, we have been running M4 demo just to get the system set up. We have recently run into the error Darwin Buffer error motion out of bounds.i have not set any limits. It will still let me use the z-axis, but not the x and y. I have not seen this before. Does this have anything to do with the licensing?
Version 4.2.0.3481 Unlicensed

Build 3481

Darwin V 1.23
Re: Darwin Buffer Error - Motion out of bounds
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 06:41:42 PM »
Hi,
I was unaware that you could load or run Darwin without a licence.

I was likewise unaware that you could load and have active any motion control plugin without Mach4 being run time limited because it is unlicenced.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 11:32:53 PM »
We have Darwin is licensed. Mach 4 is still a demo. Previously we had no problem running Mach 4 and Darwin together but, I was wondering if it would eventually stop working because it is a demo.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 11:46:23 PM »
Hi,
no I don't think so. Mach will run for 5-6 minutes before it needs to be reset if it is in Demo mode. If the Sim(ulator) plugin is the active motion controller
then Mach runs without limit, of course you can't control an actual machine with the Sim plugin.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 04:27:21 PM »
We have found the problem. We realized that the velocity units/per min was too high. We had them at 68 units but when we changed it to 30 they worked. To find this settings page Configure > Mach 4 > motors.