Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:17:40 AM

Author Topic: Omio X8-2200L-USB doesn't work  (Read 4396 times)

Omio X8-2200L-USB doesn't work
« on: December 30, 2017, 04:50:30 PM »
I purchased a Omio X8-2200L-USB some weeks ago and can't get it working. I have installed Mach as described in the manual, everything is correct connected, control box is alive but nothing moves. The steppers locks but I can't get them to move at all. Tried to uninstall Mach, remove the folder and install again, then install on my co-worker's private laptop and it also failed. The first was with Windows 10 64-bit and USB 2.0, the other Windows 7 64-bit also with USB 2.0.

Then I installed it on my laptop - and it worked, this one has Windows 10 64-bit. This is my private computer I need for other purposes.

The first computer was used for my old CNC machine and was a little obsolete so I scraped it and bought a new (but used) computer. Reinstalled Windows 7 (64-bit), no other programs and installed Mach again. Unfortunatelly it didn't work - I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Mach without success. And I have followed Omio's guide and I am pretty sure I've got it right.

Any suggestions?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Omio X8-2200L-USB doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 01:46:38 AM »
From what you say this does not appear to be a Mach3 problem.
My suggestion is that you contact the manufacturers (or suppliers) of your machine and ask their customer support for advice.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 08:08:28 AM »
I see you also posted over on CNC Zone,  I have the same looking controller on my Chinese 6040 but not USB. But it runs great on a UC400ETH  CAT5 to parallel.  As Tweakie suggested, get a hold of your vender, but it is a Chinese control board and they have issues.
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 08:36:07 AM »
Just a general note here…

If you buy a cheap Chinese product then fine (I have bought many) but you are generally on your own as far as customer support is concerned.

If you think you may be unable to get that particular device to work as expected (without assistance) then purchase the device from a respected supplier who offers the necessary customer support. You may pay more initially but…
is it worth it ? – I leave you to decide.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 04:06:57 PM »
My intention was to solve this by myself - but I have tried every suggestion I've got. So I have mailed Omio's support now.

But after all I think it is related to the installation since it worked on one computer.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:22:52 PM by dynaflux »
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 04:18:27 PM »
Just a general note here…

If you buy a cheap Chinese product then fine (I have bought many) but you are generally on your own as far as customer support is concerned.

If you think you may be unable to get that particular device to work as expected (without assistance) then purchase the device from a respected supplier who offers the necessary customer support. You may pay more initially but…
is it worth it ? – I leave you to decide.

Tweakie.

Yeah, I know about issues with Chinese machines but I felt confident with Omio since my friend has two of them which he has used on a professional basis for years - without any problems at all.

I disassembled the control box today to see if there was any obvious fault. Even if I haven't any experience in this field I would say it looks rather impressive and not cheap at all. Tried to post a picture but it don't show up.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:23:41 PM by dynaflux »
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 04:46:56 PM »
Just wondering was there some sort of Plug in that you had to copy over to the Mach3 folder?  Do you have the latest version of both?  Just wondering as when I went to a Ethernet card on mine I had to copy that file.  My low cost (Chinese)  router looks to be very well constructed and wired. Plus it worked.... sort of out of the box on parallel.  These guys got me straightened out on the correct card.  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:49:38 PM by wmgeorge »
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 05:20:39 PM »
Just wondering was there some sort of Plug in that you had to copy over to the Mach3 folder?  Do you have the latest version of both?  Just wondering as when I went to a Ethernet card on mine I had to copy that file.  My low cost (Chinese)  router looks to be very well constructed and wired. Plus it worked.... sort of out of the box on parallel.  These guys got me straightened out on the correct card.  :) :) :)

There were several configuration files that had to be copied into the Mach folder. They sent Mach, configuration files and documentation with mail.
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 08:09:24 PM »
Just wondering was there some sort of Plug in that you had to copy over to the Mach3 folder?  Do you have the latest version of both?  Just wondering as when I went to a Ethernet card on mine I had to copy that file.  My low cost (Chinese)  router looks to be very well constructed and wired. Plus it worked.... sort of out of the box on parallel.  These guys got me straightened out on the correct card.  :) :) :)

There were several configuration files that had to be copied into the Mach folder. They sent Mach, configuration files and documentation with mail.

So if your using the Mach3 they furnished and its not licensed then perhaps there are limitations?  If they sent a pirated version of Mach3  with Chinese add   ons that might also be an issue.  

My motion controller was just a break out board running off the parallel port and I had to configure Mach3 after I purchased the license. I did download the newest version from here.    Its a shame its not running, looks very nice.

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 04:50:10 AM »
Problem solved! Some of the configuration files appeared in wrong folder when copied to the installation, the instructions were ambigious (and I went with the wrong alternative). Thanks for the input guys!