Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:28:13 AM

Author Topic: Pin ID for this 5 axis breakout board with V5 relay  (Read 2264 times)

Pin ID for this 5 axis breakout board with V5 relay
« on: December 28, 2017, 07:12:20 AM »
Hello everyone
This is my 1st post here and hoping to get some help. i bought this (see attached pic) 5 axis breakout with V5 relay years ago and has worked fine.Purchased from Keling. Now I need to configure for spindle control but lost the wiring drawing. The pins are NOT numbered so it makes it hard to know what to wire to. I do Know the 2 pins right next to the USB are the relay outputs but where do I wire for the Speed control and what numbers would I use for config in Mach 3? Can anybody lend some guidance on this board?

Thank you
Steve

« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 07:30:33 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
Re: Pin ID for this 5 axis breakout board with V5 relay
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 07:21:05 AM »
You need to reduce the size of that picture, 4000 x 3000 down to 800x600 or smaller.... as it is now just 1/4 fills my screen and can not scroll!!
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 07:32:29 AM »
I have reduced the posted picture size, hope this helps.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 03:52:18 PM »
Hi,
you say its a five axis board. Ten of the available 12 outputs would be required to drive five motors. One output for the relay so that only leaves one output
left over. If you can eliminate all the others your problem is solved.

You use this board to control your machine currently? If so you already know which pins are associated with each axis you have installed.
You could assign each unidentified pin in turn as Step for axis B for instance, I assume axis B is not currently equipped and assigned. Then you can MDI
commands that B axis rotate one way then the other and observe each pin on the board with a multimeter. Each time you identified a pin which changes state
on each axis reversal MDI command you will have identified Machs parallel port pin number for that board pin.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'