Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 06:08:26 AM

Author Topic: Lazycam image height control  (Read 2613 times)

Lazycam image height control
« on: July 04, 2007, 09:01:36 PM »
Hi, does anyone know how to control the heights of areas or even where the Z information comes from when loading a JPG into Lazycam ? Is it anything to do with the colours or does it look for sudden changes in colour and make up a random depth to go to ? The problem I'm having is that Lazycam cuts an area deeper when it should be a raised section and is cutting the whole job at half the required thickness. It could even be halving the thickness whenever it encounters a colour change or line but I'm only guessing.
Thanks,
Glen.
I had a few parts left over - still it's always the same when you try a bit of "do it yourself"
Re: Lazycam image height control
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 12:38:57 PM »
You should be able to set the depth when you load the file... Is that not working?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
Re: Lazycam image height control
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 07:08:02 PM »
Hi Brian, I think I've worked it out. Black is zero depth and white is maximum depth with light colours cutting deeper than dark ones. There were a few specks of white in the image that I didn't notice which caused the Z axis to immitate a sewing machine. I hope I'm on the right track and I'll keep experimenting. I've only used it for plasma cutting up until now so 3D is new to me. I've just ordered the Lazycam Pro license.
Thanks, Glen.
I had a few parts left over - still it's always the same when you try a bit of "do it yourself"