Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:33:07 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Installed but not launching  (Read 3242 times)

Offline Shuey

•  21 21
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Installed but not launching
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 07:10:15 PM »
Hi Craig,
That's interesting. Seems I need to do a little more research on the topic of THC and Mach4. Hmm... maybe it is a case that my trusty old THC300 is not yet supported by the Motion Controller PMDX 422 rather than Mach4 not being THC compatible...
I have viewed a few video's on Youtube that show guys running a plasma set up on Mach4 and also some suggesting that the proma Compact THC150 is a solution that works with Mach4, but as you said, its a case of the TH controllers working in with the motion control board (and that motion control board communicating with Mach4 right?) rather than the software as it is/was in Mach3.
Hmm... ok, so looks like I either need to chat with the team at PMDX to see if they have THC on the to-do list (no doubt they have and likely a case of when) or throw more money at my setup and get a Vital setup...
IT would be a pity to not be able to use the PMDX-422 board and the THC300 given that I already have the gear and in the case of the THC300, spare boards. But, if it ain't gunna work, it ain't gunna work!!!!
Cheers,
Marcus
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 08:43:07 PM »
THC support native to Mach4 is currently in beta testing and hopefully will get released soon.

It requires "out of band" motor support, and currently the PMDX plug-in does not have this
feature. It is on our list, but no promise date yet.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

Offline Shuey

•  21 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 08:55:49 PM »
Thanks Steve.
I'll sit tight for a while and keep an eye out on the official release of that version for Mach4 (hopefully not that far away). Once done, I may email you direct regards the compatibility of the 422 etc.
Cheers,
Marcus