Author Topic: Mach4 Installed but not launching  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Shuey

• View Profile
Re: Mach4 Installed but not launching
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 07:10:15 PM »
Hi Craig,
That's interesting. Seems I need to do a little more research on the topic of THC and Mach4. Hmm... maybe it is a case that my trusty old THC300 is not yet supported by the Motion Controller PMDX 422 rather than Mach4 not being THC compatible...
I have viewed a few video's on Youtube that show guys running a plasma set up on Mach4 and also some suggesting that the proma Compact THC150 is a solution that works with Mach4, but as you said, its a case of the TH controllers working in with the motion control board (and that motion control board communicating with Mach4 right?) rather than the software as it is/was in Mach3.
Hmm... ok, so looks like I either need to chat with the team at PMDX to see if they have THC on the to-do list (no doubt they have and likely a case of when) or throw more money at my setup and get a Vital setup...
IT would be a pity to not be able to use the PMDX-422 board and the THC300 given that I already have the gear and in the case of the THC300, spare boards. But, if it ain't gunna work, it ain't gunna work!!!!
Cheers,
Marcus

Offline Steve Stallings

• Mach4 Alpha
    • View Profile
    • PMDX
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 08:43:07 PM »
THC support native to Mach4 is currently in beta testing and hopefully will get released soon.

It requires "out of band" motor support, and currently the PMDX plug-in does not have this
feature. It is on our list, but no promise date yet.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
For PMDX product support, please use PMDX forum or direct email for quickest response. We do not use this forum as our primary product support site.

Offline Shuey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 08:55:49 PM »
Thanks Steve.
I'll sit tight for a while and keep an eye out on the official release of that version for Mach4 (hopefully not that far away). Once done, I may email you direct regards the compatibility of the 422 etc.
Cheers,
Marcus