Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:22:29 AM

Author Topic: No deceleration on surfboard chatting  (Read 1789 times)

No deceleration on surfboard chatting
« on: December 20, 2017, 12:03:21 PM »
Good day all

I'm making surfboards designing and exporting G code from Shape3D and then running the G code in Mach3.

I've set my deceleration in Mach3 but when it comes to the end of my board, it stops dead with no deceleration.

Is it possible that Shape3D is dictating that or is there something I can adjust on Mach3?

Cheers!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: No deceleration on surfboard chatting
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 01:50:35 AM »
If you could .zip and then attach your Gcode file we could take a look and hopefully find the problem.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 08:19:24 AM »
There you go Tweakie thanks!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 02:08:27 AM »
Hi,

You have attached your Shape3D file - what I would like to see is your Gcode file (as you would load to Mach3).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 09:18:49 AM »
Try this one.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 02:02:40 AM »
Hi,

There is nothing in your Gcode which would cause it to end with a stop without deceleration (as specified in Motor Tuning). Interesting that you have reduced the feed-rate in steps towards the end but that should not cause an issue.
If an Estop or limit switch is being detected whilst your Gcode is running then an exact stop will occur but there will be a message in the Status window to tell you that this has happened.
One thing you may wish to keep in mind is that all Mach3 Gcode should end with a Carriage Return and the easiest way to ensure this is to make the last line a null character such as %. Without this CR the last line of Gcode will be ignored.

Tweakie.
PEACE