Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 07:17:27 PM

Author Topic: Lazycam pro and MP1000 THC post  (Read 4145 times)

Lazycam pro and MP1000 THC post
« on: July 03, 2007, 08:46:03 PM »

Well I am finally trying LC pro and was wondering if there is a post for the THC MP1000. I have tried the default post for plasma, and I get a Z hight of 60.000in the G code. If there is a post for even plasma , where will I find it. Can't seem to find much for plasma posts on a search

TIA  GG

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Lazycam pro and MP1000 THC post
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 08:51:18 PM »
Hi,

Recheck your LC before posting, check each layer Z hight, Use your center mouse wheel press it down in view screen and push up, It will rotate the screen then you can see the Z hight.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 11:02:45 AM »
Thanks Chip for your response.
I have figured out the Z hight. I was just wondering if there was a post for plasma with the THC?

Thanks

GG
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 10:15:02 PM »
Sorry to say that I don't know what the Gcode file should look like :( Could you please post an example and I will see what I can do to get a post for it.

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 11:38:49 AM »
Brian,

I am on holidays from working right now. I will try to post a gcode sample as soon as I can. I am a fairly new at this.
Maybe I am going in the wrong direction here, as when I use Sheetcam, there is a post processor for the THC which I can enter the Z axis torch control.

I have set the THC post in mach 3, but do not have it for LC. I realize now after I bought the license, that it is more for mill. I am still playing with LC and there are great features in the program.  It does seem to work well for just plasma.
I am eagerly awaiting for the finals of the program so as to be able to have the documentation when it is ready.

So far on my learning curve, I have learned alot from everyone here and on the forums. Just keep up the good work, and I will continue to learn as we go along.

Thanks

GG