Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:49:56 AM

Author Topic: Delta servo and uc 300 5 lpt motion controller.  (Read 7496 times)

Re: Delta servo and uc 300 5 lpt motion controller.
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2018, 02:32:44 AM »
Hi,
Thx for the reply,I have hooked my uc300 on to a Bob and  from Bob to the transistor ckt.  That u have given in the ckt diagram above.the only thing is that I made the ckt on a breadboard.as far as UB1 is concerned ,as Gerry said it only works with uc300eth whereas mine is uc300 usb.
             Second thing is that I tried to run the stepper motor with the same connections (I.e pc( mach3) to uc300usb,to bob,from Bob to stepper drive) and it works well and the stepper motor runs smoothly.
But when it comes to driving a servo motor,it's not working.can u plz tell me if pulse and sign of the servo drive is to be given 24v signals as uc300 is a ttl device,and how to get 24v signals from a 5v Bob.can u suggest some circuitry.
Thx and regards
Jeetesh

Re: Delta servo and uc 300 5 lpt motion controller.
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2018, 02:50:36 AM »
Hi,
the same single transistor circuit I posted earlier will work on a UC300 output OR an output of you existing BoB.

Note that it will 'invert' the logic. Thus if the UC300/BoB output is high (5V) then the transistor turns on and it sinks current reducing
the collector voltage to VCEsat, about 0.2V, ie low.

You will need at least three such circuits to get one servo to work, one for the step, one for direction and one for servo enable.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'