Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:08:20 AM

Author Topic: Motion Controller recommendation  (Read 6962 times)

Re: Motion Controller recommendation
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 12:59:20 AM »
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 02:43:24 PM »
Ok then, what other motion control boards are available that fully support MACH4.  I've seen the PoKeys and the PMDX boards.  Any others?  I'm not a fan of the necessary add on board to control the spindle on the PMDX boards and I don't like the ribbon connector headers for the stepper motor controls on the PoKeys board.  Anything all-in-one?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:50:12 PM by RBeaubien »
- Robert Beaubien
- Drone Plastics
-
“Dear Algebra, Please stop asking us to find your X.  She's never coming back and don't ask Y.”
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 02:48:48 PM »
Im really happy with Pokey57cnc. After making the mistake of buying the XHC. Most supported ones are listed on the Mach site. If you arbt happy with any of the ones listed in there site you might need to go with Mach3
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 02:51:13 PM »
The problem with the Pokey57cnc is the stupid ribbon headers.
- Robert Beaubien
- Drone Plastics
-
“Dear Algebra, Please stop asking us to find your X.  She's never coming back and don't ask Y.”
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 02:54:35 PM »
Yup they arnt ideal i noticed this too. You can buy small breakout type boards from Pokeys also that connect the ribbon to little terminal connectors. Small price to pay for a fully supported and quality product with good support. They have a dedicated support page which is really helpful and they are quick to respond. Also everything can be programmed to customize in Mach4. You also get the option of both USB and ethernet. Im using ethernet and its awesome.
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 02:56:19 PM »
Youll be disappointed with the XHC. There support is scrap and as i said a heap of features you cannot use. Save yourself the headache. I have literally JUST been through this process and it is basically false advertising of there product.
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 03:07:17 PM »
I've requested a refund of the XHC controller  I'll get something else.  You have a URL for the small breakout boards for the pokeys controller?
- Robert Beaubien
- Drone Plastics
-
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 03:07:27 PM »
Hi,
the ESS by Warp9. Still has ribbon cables to connect to standard breakout boards which are required.
been in the Mach market since there was a Mach market just like PMDX.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 03:16:33 PM »
The ESS does NOT support spindle control.
- Robert Beaubien
- Drone Plastics
-
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 03:19:07 PM »
Hi,
yes it does, PWM. And PID spindle control has just been released last week.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'