Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:29:44 PM

Author Topic: Making Clamp Files  (Read 4967 times)

Making Clamp Files
« on: July 03, 2007, 11:02:05 AM »
I seem to need some help in making clamp files as in the Video Tutorials. I basicly drew up a rectangle in cad, saved to dxf and brought it into Laxy Cam version 2.080. I select the chain, it turns red and then right click, I get the options window and then click on "Save chain as shapefile". It then brings up a window to name it, which I type in Clamp and hit "ok". It then tells me the following "File Open Failed.".
Now I have watched the video several times and rechecked the steps, easy since I use two screens and have the video on one while I follow along with lazy cam on the other. Just cant seem to get a shape file.

Anyone else having this problem, anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Jim
Re: Making Clamp Files
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 12:37:17 PM »
Did you update to the latest rev?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 05:59:11 PM »
Brain
I was runing version 2.080 and now runing 2.081, same problem, when I name the chain and hit OK it says "Failed to open".

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 10:02:23 PM »
Okay ... what directory are you installed in what Drive did you install into ? Do you have Pro? is the Directory read only?

This will give us a start :)

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 08:00:34 AM »
Mach 3 is installed in C:/Mach3, which is where LazyCam is. LazyLic.dat, Wizlic.dat and Mach1lic.dat are all in C:\Mach3 Directrory. Runing XP@home OS
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 08:46:02 AM »
we found the problem and it is fixed in the rev that is online now :) Thank you for the info

Brian

www.machsupport.com