Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:28:59 AM

Author Topic: MACH3 + MicroMill DSLS 3000 + UC100 = Limit Switches Triggered  (Read 2145 times)

MACH3 + MicroMill DSLS 3000 + UC100 = Limit Switches Triggered
« on: November 27, 2017, 02:39:25 PM »
Hello all,

My work just recently bought this set-up earlier this year and now we're having some issues, hoping to find some answers here!

Currently we are running:
- Windows 10 64-bit Version 1709
- Mach 3
- MicroMill DSLS 3000 w/ UC100 USB controller

Up until last Friday the machine was working just fine, come back in to work on Monday and now none of the motors move for more than a second or two before a limit switch is triggered. At first it was just the Z-axis but now it is also the X and Y axis.

So far we've tried:
-Rolling back Windows update
-Re-installing MACH3 and the UC100 driver

Any suggestions? It's holiday season and this is MAJORLY impacting our holiday workflow.

Thank you so much!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: MACH3 + MicroMill DSLS 3000 + UC100 = Limit Switches Triggered
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 02:00:54 AM »
You may have accidentally created a corrupt .xml settings file.

Try Operator / Restore Settings... and select a backup from a date before your troubles started.

(the backup files are stored in the Mach3 xmlbackups folder).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 05:54:59 PM »
Hello,

I have the same issue as described in the original post, but it is happening repeatedly and I get only one useful run after reinstalling Mach3 entirely, and restoring to the last session's profile settings does not fix my issue.

It appears that the DSLS3000 Micro Mill doesn't have any physical limit switches and relies on motor/encoder alignment for triggering a limit. Is it possible that some other factor is jamming the motor and triggering a limit switch function?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 06:45:32 AM »
Hi,

Are you using the patched version of Mach3 which can be downloaded from the NFS website here; https://www.machsupport.com/downloads-updates/mach3-downloads/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2024, 09:30:16 AM »
Do you have a recent version with "Advanced Digital Sync Lock Servo (DSLS) control using the latest in micro controller chip technology "?  If so I could imagine a config error in the servos that makes them think the stepping and encoder parts are out of sync.  As the feedback cannot go through Mach3 I doubt that any update to it can make any difference.  This seems to be a current product, I can't imagine how they can seriously ship a new CNC mill with unsupported Mach3 software.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2024, 03:19:38 AM »
I am experiencing the identical problem that was stated in the first article; however, it is occurring on a regular basis, and despite completely reinstalling Mach3, I am only able to carry out a single meaningful run. Furthermore, reverting to the profile settings of the previous session does not resolve my problem.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 02:33:40 AM »
It is the same issue that was described in the previous post that I am having; however, it is happening on a consistent basis, and despite the fact that I have totally reinstalled Mach3, I am only able to carry out a single significant run. A further point to consider is that returning to the profile settings of the prior session does not address the issue I am having.  ;D doodle jump ;D
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2024, 04:25:58 PM »
Hi Folks !
That fancy system appears to just be a following error monitor. How it throws an e-stop in their SW, I don't know.
Or if the configuration is even accessible to adjust the error allowed. (might increase it, if possible)
But .... every symptom described so far might just point to the mechanical drag, or binding, maybe low/no lubrication not allowing the axis accel/vel to match the command. Or possibly missing a step ?
Just guessing. Make sure everything is moving freely and well lubed for a test.
Try slow moves compared to rapids to see if the motors can keep up.
Maybe even go through and redo the Motor Tuning ...... reduce the settings by 50% and see what happens.
I'd do 1 axis at a time to maybe pinpoint the culprit.
Cheers !