Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:30:10 AM

Author Topic: This is just plain... WRONG  (Read 2178 times)

This is just plain... WRONG
« on: November 11, 2017, 08:31:20 AM »
Received this as a PM  :o
Is this what the education system is coming too, Having others do your lessons?
Not impressed on so many levels.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: This is just plain... WRONG
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 10:46:42 AM »
Just tell him that you if did it for him he would be quilty of plagiarism and can be thrown out of college for that. I am dated, so maybe the schools  don't do that anymore.

That's why in some cases you get educated / degreed  folks that are total incompetent.
Fortunately not to often.

Once I got stuck with a person that I had to mentor who had a associate degree in engineering but had an arithmetic level of a 6th grader.  What a PITA assignment that was for the sake of political correctness and diversity. In a way it was interesting, but, still a PITA with the all the reports. Then something good happened, the person quit and moved to the other side of the earth!

This a quote from that person that I never forgot:
" I was told that as long as I came to class I would be given a passing grade"
I had to deal with that college because of  the matter and what BS they gave.

What an injustice our educational  system did to that person!

RICH

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 11:12:02 AM »
Got the same PM.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 03:30:14 PM »
It's called the entitled generation, you see the same thing every where they don't wont to know how to do it, just that it is wrong and you will sort it for them.

There are a lot of people useing fusion like that they get help once if they try that ********* again they get told to RTFM and it's most times people under 30, a 30 year old gave me arsehole over me saying that 2 hours later he apologised and said I just had the same thing.

Offline beefy

•  138 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 01:48:35 PM »
There's 2 forums I used to frequent.

One is great and the guys there can't stand this type of BS. When someone asks for "help" (can you just do all this for me so I can jack off), they politely tell them to show what they have tried so far, and then they'll give hints and tips, etc to assist them. They say they will not just do the work for them.

The other forum is the complete opposite. They have a help section, but almost every time that "help" is basically getting the knowledgeable members to just give them the finished product. And many members do just that. What has always astounded me is how few members would ask HOW to do the task. I used to get attacked when I suggested the culture should be changed to one like the forum mentioned above. And of course those attacks were often from members that wanted the "help". Over the years I've noticed many of the real knowledgeable members have disappeared, and now it seems to be full of more beginners than anyone else.

Yep, I'm noticing this entitlement crap gaining foothold.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:51:54 PM by beefy »
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 01:18:58 PM »
They still hang you for plagiarism and it's getting easier to spot electronically. Fear not. There's software that will do it automatically.

Let's see, a superman logo in G-code. That's what, a day's work doing it by hand? Let him send his PMs to me, I'll send him a quote and lead time, that should end the discussion. No I and J words eh, that could get messy.