Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:09:10 PM

Author Topic: Missing Parallel Port Driver Files  (Read 2073 times)

Missing Parallel Port Driver Files
« on: November 04, 2017, 06:06:53 PM »
While configuring Mach 4 Mill software with Darwin parallel port driver, I am missing 2 files named "mcdarwin.sig" and "mcdarwin.m4pw" that are needed to be moved to "Mach4 program folder" and "plugins folder" to test the darwin printer port driver.

Where can I find these files??
Re: Missing Parallel Port Driver Files
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 01:31:25 AM »
Hi,
when I bought Mach4 I also bought a Darwin Licence but never actually got around to using it.

The two files you mentioned are the plugin file  and its signature file and I believe they are obtained when you get a licence. The only files I have left on my
laptop are
DarwinSetup2763.exe
and a licence file. What happened to the m4pw and sig files I don't know.

I think if you have a licence Artsoft will happily supply the required files.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 12:00:29 PM »
We are currently using Mach3 with the parallel port adapter software on a Windows XP system and our PC is experiencing problems.  We have a new PC running Windows 7 32 bit with Mach4 and the Darwin parallel software.  Currently, both of these are in demo mode to ensure that we can get the system running.  The Darwin parallel software is installed and the test routine works properly but it does not appear as an option in Mach 4 when selecting motion device.  We would like to get one more year from our motor controller before replacing it with a newer USB controller.

Any hints or advice is welcome,

Thanks,
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 12:20:49 PM »
Hi,
I think you need a Darwin Licence before you can install the plugin.

Quite frankly, $25 for a Darwin licence verses $125 for a PMDX-411 or genuine UC100 (watch out for the cheap Chinese knock offs of the UC100)....?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'