Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:54:38 AM

Author Topic: Who can I call to help me setup this automation direct vfd  (Read 23607 times)

Re: Who can I call to help me setup this automation direct vfd
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2017, 10:09:42 PM »
Hi,
given that the three registers you need are consecutive you could do the whole lot in one cfg.

My proposal to do it in three cfg's was because I had now idea how to set up a block of six bytes for Modbus
to transmit as three consecutive 16 bit words.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2017, 07:09:03 PM »
I see what you mean about the consecutive registers.

I would also like to read some of the status registers like load.

I will experiment not that I think I understand it.

Thanks again for all your assistance.
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2017, 08:36:26 PM »
Hi,
there is one error register, a VFD output. There is also another registe, Modbus output that resets the fault.
There are also status registers, I wouldn't worry about those to start with but the error and fault clearance would be
handy.

Given that there are only two registers you could happily set it up in the same brain.

Craig
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2017, 04:36:25 AM »
Hi,
just seen something in the manual that may help with the frequency command. As you know I urged you to program your drive parameter P 3.00
to accept control from the serial comm interface but I should have in addition told you to program P 4.00 to the value 05 to accept frequency
commands from the serial comm interface as well.

Craig
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 08:32:34 AM »
Yes I knew about that one. I'm interested in the Status addresses now. There are a bunch that show the health of the drive but in particular there  is output current and load which i think i can use to show the load on the spindle motor a feature on most commercial machines. I still have to sort out the RPM scaling to frequency.

% Load h210B
Status location for the amount of load on the AC drive. (Output Current รท Drive Rated Current) x 100.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:34:28 AM by johndolecki »
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 01:11:56 PM »
Hi,
well you've got the Hex address, just read it. It may be that you just type an H in the address box with the numeric data and the Modbus plugin will read that
or you may have to convert the Hex address to decimal and use the decimal address in the usual way.

Craig
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2017, 01:18:18 PM »
What you know about tool change and the tool change macros?

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2017, 02:35:13 PM »
Hi,
not much. I have been using Mach4 for about a year and really have no desire to immerce myself in VB programming,
in fact that was the principle reason for me to migrate to Mach4; so I didn't have to deal with VB and all its bugs and
confusion.

Craig
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2017, 10:51:19 PM »
Hi,
I must say that I found the Mach3 Mobus plugin quite confusing and still there are details which are still obscure.

I have done a little bit of work with the Mach4 Modbus plugin and while I struggled to start with I found it to be much easier
and complete than the Mach3 plugin. In particular in Mach4 you set up registers in the register plugin with names and
descriptions to make it human readable. The Modbus plugin has the means of concatenating the registers to form a
block.

The registers can be written to and read by Mach4 PLC, in similar manner to Mach3 Brains but they can also be written/read
by macros or any other Lua module within Mach4, very very much more flexible and easier to understand.

Would commend you download Mach4, run the Sim(ulator) plugin and play with the Modbus and Register plugins, light years
ahead of Mach3 IMHO.

Craig
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2017, 11:40:36 PM »
I planning on a new control I really like the look of these guys

http://www.element-cnc.com/cnc-machines

I like the touch screen aspect the layout and the colors
This may be a good winter project
Although it might be beyond my skill set