Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:52:03 AM

Author Topic: Feed Rate All Over the Board Question  (Read 3622 times)

Re: Feed Rate All Over the Board Question
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 06:19:42 AM »
I'll see what happens.....Thank you again for all your help....I ordered better Collets just waiting on those to come in
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 04:47:12 PM »
Another Question...Testing a Circle and its not perfect....Would you suggest playing with the CV Settings or the Backlash first

Billy
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 04:52:12 PM »
Hi Billy,
if you've got backlash then a circle will never be perfect no matter what compensation strategy is used./

Try using 'exact stop' just to remove the CV uncertainty but I dont think CV will have any affect on a circle
toolpath.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 06:09:08 AM »
Thank you :)
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2017, 07:25:49 AM »
Started adjusting the CV Settings...Much Better..Almost Perfect....Thank you ! ! !...We are actually starting to use this for nameplates and signs....Then est on the soft brass again...That F-Engrave Program is a Life Saver ! ! !
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 02:21:45 PM »
Hi Billy,
I have been watching your progress as observed by your posts and over a few weeks there has been a steep learning curve and a certain amount of angst
as you come to terms with your machine, Mach3 and F-engrave.

!...We are actually starting to use this for nameplates and signs....

Now that you're making real progress how would you estimate the value of Mach3, the hardware and F-engrave?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 03:24:56 PM »
Awwwwwe :)

Its working very well....I still need to make the Z touch Plate.....But for what we use it for....Plastic and Brass...
Its a few more steps than with the Dahlgren...With a Bit more tweeking on my part...should be good to go....

In the Beginning...was pulling out my hair...Proud to say It's growing back quite well...

I could not have progressed as far without You and Tweekie .....I still have a ways to go, but at least I am on the right path :)

Billy