Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:16:03 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 with ESS locks up on Cycle Start  (Read 3963 times)

Re: Mach 4 with ESS locks up on Cycle Start
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 04:01:53 PM »
Do some research on the Mach Bob 2.
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 05:33:07 PM »
Hi,
by virtue of the large numbers of IO and that the manufacturer has been careful to label them all it makes sense to use their profile, it saves you having to type
in all those pin names. There is nothing magic about it though. I use MB-02V6 BoBs from Homan Desgins in Austrailia and they don't have a ready made profile,
you make your own. You could do the same thing.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 01:10:14 PM »
I managed to update the pluggin. Still has a few issues that cause me restarts. And again, if you looked through an actual MB2 profile, you would see certain pins are linked to ready signals and such, so creating a profile from scratch isnt as straight forward as you think. I appreciate you trying to help, but please, do look into the subject further.

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 02:34:09 PM »
Hi,
yes it is.

Craig
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 02:39:59 PM »
Let me know when you get a MB2 then and let me know how easy it is to set up. I'm sure you'll figure out the ready signal input thats linked to one of the pins from just reading the manual right. SMH
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 03:05:37 PM »
Hi,
yes, some of the predefined signals in Mach require specific termination by ESS and the BoB beyond it. Probe inputs
are the most obvious example. That remains the same irrespective of the Bob. The BoB including the MB2 is not
intellegent, that is to say there is fixed relationship between input and output. Provided you take care to associate
functional inputs of Mach via the ESS to an appropriate pin on the BoB, no problem.

As I have two working BoBs at the current time I won't be buying any more.

Craig