Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:32:59 AM

Author Topic: mcCvTuningWizard  (Read 1790 times)

mcCvTuningWizard
« on: October 29, 2017, 10:14:25 PM »
I was having issues with rounding off corners as my feed rate went above 150.  Looks like I need to set up my CV feeds.  After I ran the mcCvTuningWizard and checked the CvTuningWizard it had filled in the feeds.  So I tested the path and it was still too fast.  I changed the mcCvTuningWizard setting and it will not update the table in CvTuningWizard.

Is there a way to reset the CvTuningWizard back to 0.000 for all angles?  Setting 90 lines back to 0 one at a time doesn't seem right.  Plus even if I do the mcCvTuningWizard keeps putting it back to my first settings.

If all I want to do is slow down on the hard angles should I even be using mcCvTuningWizard?  What are the recommended numbers for a router?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: mcCvTuningWizard
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:42:38 AM »
I was having issues with rounding off corners as my feed rate went above 150.  Looks like I need to set up my CV feeds.  After I ran the mcCvTuningWizard and checked the CvTuningWizard it had filled in the feeds.  So I tested the path and it was still too fast.  I changed the mcCvTuningWizard setting and it will not update the table in CvTuningWizard.

I have just tested the old mcCVTuningWizard and the new mcCvTuningWizardV3-3Beta. They both update the CV table as expected.

Is there a way to reset the CvTuningWizard back to 0.000 for all angles?  Setting 90 lines back to 0 one at a time doesn't seem right.  Plus even if I do the mcCvTuningWizard keeps putting it back to my first settings.

Absolutely no need to ever set all angle feed rates to 0. That is exactly how Gcode G61 (exact stop mode) will run.

If all I want to do is slow down on the hard angles should I even be using mcCvTuningWizard?  What are the recommended numbers for a router?

Yup, CV will do that for you. The recommended numbers are generated by the new and improved mcCvTuningWizardV3-3Beta attached to the reply at the following link. The recommended numbers depend on 3 different inputs. The tolerance you wish to hold, the axis or axes involved in the moves and the lowest accel rate of the axes invloved.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,35649.msg244192.html#msg244192

CV will not account for flex, lost steps, runout, ringing, etc. Ensuring those will not affect tool paths beyond allowable tolerances is the responsibility of the machine builder/designer. However, if you know their values you can use that when entering the tolerance in the wizard. So for example....... a machine with .002 backlash, .001 runout and .003 flex could be off path by .006 in exact stop mode. But if your tolerance is .020 you could run the new wizard with a tolerance of .014 and you could get faster, smoother tool paths while staying within tolerance. To use this method though, you must know the machine and what it's physically capable of. However, if your tolerance is .005 you are already out of tolerance by design and no CV setting will ever fix that.

;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!