Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:57:01 AM

Author Topic: Backlash on X axis changes to A axis  (Read 3728 times)

Re: Backlash on X axis changes to A axis
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 09:59:25 AM »
Hi Craig,

Thank you so much for your detailed response! Now I understand a little bit more about the microsteps functionalities.

I've done the ballscrews mesurements and the axis moves 10mm after 1 complete turn (it goes directly connected to the stepper motor without belt or reduction). I posted the CNC manual and also the picture of the DIP switches (there are five of them with the same configuration), I hope it could be useful.

This is a little video that shows the "strange movement" of the A axis when I move the machine, hope it could help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysElljIiJXo&feature=youtu.be

Thank you again for your help,

Marçal
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 10:00:42 AM »
I forgot to post the DIP picture, sorry about that.
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 01:44:48 PM »
Hi,
I see now why you had all those outputs set, the instruction tell you so. Note that ouput#2 and output#3 the port for both is zero and the pin for both is zero.
Clearly the manufacturer had something in mind, unfortunately I don't know what. My guess is that all those outputs, enable and outputs#1-3 are to activate
the four drivers. SW1 on page 6 controls the activation mode for each driver. The pic shows it set on Auto (L), may I suggest changing it to Manual (H). So change
SW1 only.

The microstepping is set to 2, that 400 pulses re rev. 400 ppr/10mm pitch =40 'steps per'. So the setting recommended will work. Half stepping (microstep=2)
is pretty course and may at a later date be changed but it should work as it is.

These Chinese controller/driver boards have a poor reputation, many of the most experienced CNCers on the forum don't bother responding to requests for help
with these boards. If one or more of the motor driver chips fail then the whole board will need to be replaced. There is a high probability it will happen.
If you do replace it don't buy more Chinese junk. Do some homework BEFORE you buy.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 01:56:21 PM »
Hi,
should be clearer, change SW1 to L on each of the fore DIP switch blocks.

Craig
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 02:24:09 PM »
Hi Craig,

Thank you so much for your indications. I sincerely appreciate the time you have spent answering my questions. I wish I could return you back the help in some way...

Tomorrow I will do this last changes and see what happens.

Marçal
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 07:54:54 AM »
Hi Craig,

I've been busy these days and I could not try to do the last changes until this morning. I've made the changes on the SW1 DIP switch and also modified the other switches to set them on 8 subdivisions (plus the pertinent mod to the mach3 parameters following your instructions) and now the CNC works without the problem!!! I'm very grateful for your help and explanations  :)

Thanks a lot

Marçal
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 02:25:51 AM »
Hi Marcal,
kool, glad you've got it sorted.

Craig