Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:20:29 AM

Author Topic: Remove BKSPACE from Hotkeys  (Read 4167 times)

Re: Remove BKSPACE from Hotkeys
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 06:56:42 PM »
I have some other doubts right now. Klaus solved my old problems, but now, some other stuff is annoying me.

1) Sometimes when i changing my work offset, it increments the value there instead of inserting the new one.

Example:

X work offset = -252.000

I change to make it -253.000
So i type in -253.000
The value goes to -505.000
So i go back and type -1
The values goes to -253.000

Sometimes, i type -253.000
And the value goes to -253.000

This is a weird behavior, i couldn't notice any pattern(pressed keys, anything).

Anyone can explain?

2) There is also a concerning matter:

When my program is running and it reaches it's M5 and then goes for G28, IF A PRESS E-STOP there, close the g-code and load it again
My Z offset will be messed up, it will be more positive, everytime i do that it increases a bit.

BUT if i let the G28 move finish and reach M30 and then just run the program again it goes normal to the Z height.

When i press e-stop i have to reference my machine again so the Z height of my tool doesn't mess up.

NOTE: i did that 10 times, my Z went up like 50mm, then i referenced my machine and everything went fine.

This is kinda of weird.
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 11:50:06 PM »
Hi imitheo,
not sure about the second issue but it sounds like your DRO is behaving like a calculator. DROs
can be made to have that behavour, but my understanding was that you had to specify it.

Away from my machine at the moment. Will experiment some when I get home.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 07:34:25 AM »
Yes, but sometimes it's a calculator, sometimes just inserts the value.

The first issue i solved, not entirely, because i have to finish the program(LET G28 happen), otherwise if i ESTOP, i need to reference the machine again.
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 02:10:42 PM »
Hi,
for that reason I no longer attempt to change the DRO by typing direct in to it. Change the current work offset on the Offset page, its a much more
reliable way to achieve what you want.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 06:59:42 PM »
The problem happens there Joeaverage.