Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:54:38 AM

Author Topic: DRO are not to set valeu in it  (Read 2607 times)

DRO are not to set valeu in it
« on: October 20, 2017, 10:21:44 AM »
I have regular a  problem that I can not put valeu in the DRO in the X Y Z axis I can set them on zero but when I clik on the DRO it change the color but I can not put in a valeu.
I have clear everthing from Mach3 and install the program again but it stays the same. this problem I have whit some computers some othe computers install it whitout any problem do I have somebody any idea what the problem is and how to solve I get more the idea that it is something in Windows.
Re: DRO are not to set valeu in it
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 02:14:26 PM »
Hi,
is the machine 'Enabled' when you try to write direct to a DRO? Its the big 'Reset' button at the lower left, if its blinking the machine is disabled and nothing
will happen, when continuously light the machine is enabled. If you hit the button and it refuses to stay continuously light then you have a continuing Estop
signal from your controller board prevent the machine from being enabled and you'll need to fix that before Mach will do anything.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 05:20:33 PM »
Hi,
another guess is that the DROs may be in machine co-ordinate mode. When in machine co-ords you cannot write direct to the DRO, it will
be reflected in the current position and work offset but not machine co-ord.

Craig
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 03:13:42 AM »
I am sure that it is not the problem of the reset the machine is work for the rest fine, so the only problem is that if I have to fill in the valeu example when I am turning of the x axis it is not posible , I have this problem sometimes whit the install of Mach3 on a computer  in the most case when I remove mach3 complete and install it again the problem is solve, know I have a problem that the problem stays.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 03:25:44 AM »

Hello, how can I change the settings of the coordinates? For the moment, this is the most prominent explanation. I do not know why it's on most computers without problems, and with some computers it just does not work. probably again something that has to do with windows.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 04:36:06 AM »
Hi,
go to the diagnostics page and look at the current position, work offset and machine co-ords.
Typing a value direct into a DRO is a hit and miss way of changing the current position by forcing a re-calculation and overwrite of a work offset.

Double check that when you are typing into the DROs that you are in work co-ords. I suspect that if the machine is not referenced it wont work either.

Craig
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 03:21:08 PM »
Hi,
I've just been trying it out. Writing direct to an axis DRO when the machine is unreferenced does work.

If you write direct to a DRO the machine co-ords cannot change. This is a fundamental fact of CNC, the ONLY way to change machine co-ords
is to physically move the axes by jogging/MDI/Gcode OR referencing. To write to a DRO may cause the current position to be changed to the number
you entered but because the machine didn't move and therefore the machine co-ords didn't change then the work offset must change the exact
but opposite amount that the current position changed.

What's the point? If you want to manipulate the work offsets so the current position is a certain number then change the work offsets directly on the
Offsets page. Until I understood this I have done exactly as you are doing but because it relies on Mach to re-calculate the current work offset, and it
didn't always do so in a predictable manner; I found it more 'honest' just to change the work offset directly.

Craig

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 05:07:23 AM »
Hello Craig
I've tried what you wrote. For the Mach3 version that works, it's correct what you wrote. For the rest, the problem remains. We have installed 3 computers mach3 on Friday, of which 2 the same model under windows 7 is another model under windows 10 and these all showed the problem. I have a new computer 2 months old with windows 10 and also have Mach 3 geistalized without any problems. It's not the first time I'm dealing with this problem, usually I can fix this by reinstalling Mach 3 if I've removed everything from Mach 3 to the remaining files. I've installed 100 times Mach 3 but this time I'm probably not going to buy another computer for that project.

Greetings Benny